i love you, too.

AFTER LEAVING THE DESTROYED BARN, the team went to the hospital to help Harcourt and Economos

AFTER LEAVING THE DESTROYED BARN, the team went to the hospital to help Harcourt and Economos. The doctors had wheeled the both of them off, Economos making an inappropriate gesture as they wheeled him away.

Adrian sighed in pain next to Jada, standing up lopsided. "Dude, you're shot. You gotta be admitted," Smith told him and Jada nodded in agreement.

"I'm fine, seriously. All I need is a good nap," Adrian assured them before he fell over onto the ground, passing out.

"Oh, my God!" Jada shouted in shock. "Uh, some help, please?!" she requested before some doctors and nurses rushed over to help him. They brought over to a cart, lifting him and putting him on it.

Jada went to go follow them into the room, but they stopped her and told her she would have to wait. She cursed under her breath, walking back to the waiting room where Smith and Adebayo sat. Jada took the seat next to Adebayo, putting her head in her hands to rest her eyes and her mind.

"Did you hear all that stuff Goff said?" Smith spoke up towards Adebayo since Jada wasn't there to witness what had happened to the cow down below. All she knew was that they were able to kill the cow, as well as the other butterflies, saving the fucking world.

"Yep," Adebayo responded.

Smith sighed. "Did I just...kill the world?" Smith asked, making Jada lift her head up from her hands to give him a confused look.

"Maybe," Adebayo said, making Smith look down. "Or maybe you just gave us a chance to make our own choices instead of our bug overlords," she added.  "Why did you choose not to help them?"

Jada listened intently, not knowing if she was supposed to hear this conversation or not but they weren't telling her to leave so...

"Because of your proto-fascist libertarian idea of freedom?" Adebayo asked.

Smith leaned back against his chair, sitting up straighter. "Because I knew they'd hurt you and the others if I did," Smith answered, earning a slightly proud look from Jada at his answer. She was glad he was becoming someone more capable of choosing what he wanted, not what his father wanted.

"Yeah," Adebayo breathed out. "I'm sorry I betrayed you."

"I know." Adebayo breathed in deeply before she stood up from her seat, walking away. "Where are you going?"

Adebayo stopped and turned towards him. "To do the right thing," she told him.

"Ads. Don't tell V, but...after Eagly...you're my BFF," Smith admitted with a smile.

Adebayo's face scrunched up as she tried not to cry before she put a hand to her chest, indicating that she was touched by his comment. She then walked away, leaving Jada and Smith there alone. "You're not gonna tell V, right?" Smith asked her, looking over at her.