18- Noah

Noah

"Ciera?"

Ciera was at my doorstep at eight PM Wednesday night. When I opened my door and questioned her arrival, she held up a bag that smelled like fried rice. "Brought Chinese food," she stated and walked in without my permission. Not that I really cared; I was more confused than anything. (Plus I was hungry and didn't feel like making food). So, I shut the door behind her and followed her into my kitchen. She started unloading the food onto my small countertop then asked, "plates?"

"I'm definitely going to eat the fuck out of that fried rice, but what are you doing here?" I questioned as I opened the cabinet that sat on the wall above and to the left of the sink. I pulled down two plates. (They were green and plastic, I bought them when Target was having a sale: 99¢ per plate).

Ciera shrugged, "I was bored and Dina was with Jude and Alice had an essay to write. And Kyle only likes to get high."

"So I'm the last resort?" I waited for Ciera to shuffle food on her plate first.

"Basically, yeah," she spoke seriously as she dumped sweet and sour chicken onto her plate.

"Touching," My tone was sardonic. Then the thought of Sam knowing I was having dinner with Ciera- even if it was just takeout- had me feeling itchy. "This isn't like..." how do I say this without coming off as a dick? Because if she did have feelings for me, I'd want to let her down easy. "I'm with Sam and I don't-"

"Ew," Ciera cut me off with her hand held up, "don't even go there. Plus, I'm into girls."

"Oh cool. You're a lesbian?" I gathered that sweet and sour chicken, the fried rice, and two crab rangoon on my plate, then poured sweet and sour sauce over it all.

"Well, I'm bisexual, but right now I'm in the mood for a sexy girl I can spoil, ya' know?"

"I guess. And what girl are you trying to spoil?" I asked. We both had our plates full and had taken a seat on the stools that stood under the counter.

"Ugh, Tiffany Chen," Ciera looked at me with a smirk while she said, "Asian girls are my weakness. They're just so fucking sexy and perfect."

I chuckled, then said, "you should've barged into her apartment then, not mine."

"You got free food, why are you complaining?" She talked with her mouth full, but with her hand in front of her mouth to block me from watching her chew food.

"I'm not complaining, but you should be spending your night with her and not me."

"I don't know if she's into women," she said glumly and that was the first time Ciera showed any other emotions besides sarcasm.

"Don't be a pussy, ask her," I said with a shrug, "just lay it out there for her."

Ciera finished off her helping- she was a fast eater- "you're probably right. Ugh, let's get out of here," she demanded as she stood up and dropped her plate in the sink.

"I'm not really one to go out," I said.

She looked at me like I was scum on the floor, "Don't be a pussy."

"Where we going exactly? Before I agree," then shoved the last forkful of rice in my mouth.

"A small get together. My friend's brother's birthday is today. He's kind of a dick, but," she shrugged and left it at that.

"Eh, I'd rather not."

*

And yet, she found a way to drag me there. Not really, but she complained enough to get me in her car and drove to a house that was apparently an hour away. But that wasn't what got me. It was whose house we were at that made me want to turn back.