19- Sam

Sam

I was in bed, peacefully rewatching my comfort show; The Vampire Diaries, when Haven texted me. I wasn't going to respond (because I was at the part where Damon and Elena finally kiss) when I was notified she sent me an image. I figured it was a new article of clothing she wanted my opinion on. But what got me to open my messages was the text that followed. And it was not a picture of clothing.

Sista🌸
Today 10:47 PM

[image of Noah and Ciera]

Guess who showed up to
Zach's bday party...

Did you know about this??
And who's that girl he seems
awfully close with?🤔

The image was of Noah standing outside next to Ciera who had her hand on his shoulder. They were standing close.

I swallowed the lump that had already formed in my throat and text my sister back.

Sista🌸
Today 10:47 PM

Did you know about this??
And who's that girl he seems
awfully close with?🤔

No, I didn't know Noah
was going to that.

I didn't respond to that second question; Haven was purposely making things worse. At least that's what I told myself but my heart was beating out of my chest in fear.

He probably forgot to tell me

Hm. Probably

She was being sarcastic. I exited our texts and slid my phone to the edge of my bed. I couldn't breathe. Why wouldn't Noah tell me he was going to be twenty minutes away from me? And why was he with Ciera?

Maybe it wasn't Jude I had to worry about, but Ciera. Oh God, I already felt like crying. Noah wouldn't cheat on my, I was confident about that.

But then again... 'Once a cheater, always a cheater,' Haven had said to me a few months back. I felt nauseous, my stomach wouldn't stop swirling.

Quickly standing up, I threw on my hoodie (well, Noah's hoodie) which didn't match my sweatpants at all and then slipped on my moccasins before grabbing my keys off the dresser.

I didn't even care to tell my parents I was leaving, I just had to get out of there. I drove fast and before I knew it, I was banging on the front door.

Carter opened it. "Sam? What are you doin' here at-"

I immediately started crying, "Do you think Noah would cheat on my?" I asked. My emotions have been out of sorts lately with the paranoid unknown of being away from Noah.

"What?" Carter sounded bewildered at the thought which made me feel slightly better. He shut the door behind me and we moved to his bedroom as I explained the situation. "Okay? So Haven sent you a picture, that doesn't mean anything."

I sat on Carter's unmade bed and stared at the picture of Ciera and Noah. Why didn't Noah tell me? That was what was getting to me. Had he told me he was going to a party with a friend, maybe I wouldn't have been such a mess. Then I stood up as a thought struck me, "Should I go there?"