Ch-13

"sometimes, it's not only
the bad memories that make us
sad.
But also the happy ones
which we know will never happen again"

" sana kitni der aur???" he asked being impatient standing outside the door as she is taking the pregnancy test for the first time in five months after the miscarriage. He was pacing in the room, smoking to reduce the tension, they were trying for two months now after the doctor gave them a green signal as she recovered.

" sana what are you doing?? Baba zaldi bhar aa meri jaan nikal rhi hai"

She opened the door, her eyes had fear, her body shivering, hairs tied in a messy bun, she looked at him like a lost child look at her mother, he hugged her taking into his embrace.

" it's  okay baby we would try again, haina, rone se kya Hoga, teri health hi khrab hogi na darling" he consoled her kissing her hair, she shook her head on his chest.

" maine....maine na nh dekha hai Abhi, I don't want to see what if it's negative, merme himmat nh hai"

" terko nh dekhna hai toh nh dekhenge koi na, aaja beth idhar" he said making her calm but from inside he was restless to see, to know what's the result is..

" tu nh dekhega mtlb maine keh dia to Tu bilkul nh dekhega" he nodded his head agreeing to her.

" aisa thori na hota hai, you have to see, mtlb maine keh dia aur tune maan lia aise to koi baat nh manta, jaa yaar Tu pare hath" she scoffed laying down on the bed.

" toh me dekh ke aaun," he asked after fighting with himself fiddling with his fingers.

" hmmm" she replied biting her nails in tension.

" achaa sun idhar dekh meri taraf, jo bhi hoga we will take it positively, sad nh hona hai, hena" she nodded.

He went inside the washroom, saying a small prayer in his heart he saw the tube and sighed realising a deep breath.

" kya hua??? Tu aise expression kyu de rha hai"

" negative hai na" she uttered stepping out of the bed going outside the bedroom, he run towards her holding her hand he turned her, wiping the tears from the corner of her eyes.

" it's positive," he said kissing beside her ear.

" fir se bol" she demanded.

" it's a positive sweetheart" she screamed in excitement and In the next moment she started crying.

" why are you crying abhi??"

" tu kyu ro rha hai fir"

" I am not crying at all" he stated.

" haan pta hai mujhe," she said pulling his cheeks.

She felt like, she is restarting the pregnancy clock to see how it goes.

The first 13 weeks were great. She did the first round of testing at 13 or 14 weeks — genetic screening, blood work, a CVS, a 3-D ultrasound. Everything looked great, totally normal. She has been reading the internet pretty regularly with sidharth by her side, all the "what fruit is your baby this week?" sites. If you make it to 14 weeks, you have a pretty good shot of making it to the end. That's conventional wisdom. And frame of reference was a loss at ten weeks, so at 14 weeks, they felt like they were out of the world. The doctor that is Sanchi called to tell them they are having a girl.

" see maine kha tha na ki ladki hi hai maa" he squealed in excitement telling his mother the news they get this morning, Ruhaani was sitting in his lap playing with his phone, he squeezed her petit body and kissed her cheek.