Ch-19

"Today
I close the door to the past,
open the door to the future,
take a deep breath,
step on through and
start a new chapter"

After five hours of the car ride, he finally reached his first destination, he felt at peace when he stepped onto the roads of Haridwar.

Haridwar is a district of Uttarakhand state in India. Haridwar is place where the river Ganges enters in plain areas north India after flowing 250 km from its origin Gaumukh (Gangotri Glacier).

Haridwar is the destination where people from across the India visit for pilgrimage and to take a holy dip into the holy river Ganges. Haridwar city is an ancient and it is one of the most sacred cities in India. The diverse nature of the Hindu religion has attracted foreign visitors from all around the world. 

Haridwar is one of the primary areas where river Ganges emerges from the mountains and enters to the plain areas. Lush green forests and crystal clear water of river Ganga and background of mountains create the charming beauty of this holy city. In the evening ghats looks beautiful as hundreds of diyas lights to brighten the city.

Haridwar contains two words Hari and Dwar. Hari means god and Dwar means gate. Haridwar means gateway to the god. There are four holy temples Yamunotri, Gangotri Kedarnath and Badrinath on the hills also known as Chardham. Haridwar is like a entry point to these chardham. People visit Haridwar before visiting these temples so the town was became famous as Haridwar. Shaivites call it Har Dwar Gateway to Lord Shiva (Kedarnath Temple) and Vaishnavites call it Hari Dwar Gateway to Lord Vishnu (Badrinath Temple) It is also said that Haridwar is blessed by the presence of all three major Gods of Hindus namely Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshwar. Thus, with all these mythological links attached to its name, it's little wonder why Haridwar is often referred to as the 'gateway to god'.

Sidharth takes a deep breath watching the people taking a dip into the holy river Ganga, he felt a certain kind of calmness adopting his body, he thinks a lot about where he should start his journey and one thing came to his mind. All worries, pains, sufferings have one destination, he last came here to the bone immersion of their daughter, at that time he was in immense pain and angry with God, but this time he came for his peace, to find himself.

Cascading the har ki podi, he dips into the water, he felt serenity, composed and all negative thoughts are drawn out from his mind, he did a Surya namaskar by offering water to the sun.

It allows him to reach deep into his solar plexus and awaken and circulate the sun's healing power to restore a radiant body and cultivate a clear, calm, and tranquil mind.

" I am sorry sweetheart, last time I didn't bid you a smiling bye, but this time I am here to do that, It doesn't mean I will forget you, however, you are here in my heart, with me wherever I will go, whatever I do, your place remains the same," he said in his heart lightening the Diya with some flowers on the betel leaf and leave it in the Ganga, praying for his family well being.

He is delighted to see the gangs aarti, the huge crowd gathering for it, the mantras are chanting by priests in unison, the temple bell ringing continuously, taking out his camera he captures the beautiful scene