Ch-14

" sometimes you have to give up on people, not because you don't love them but because you don't want them to suffer"

" Good morning Mr and Mrs. Dutta, as you both are giving it a chance, I want both of you to give an insight into of disabled child, it's not going to be easy for you guys, you have to be mentally prepared for it, I am happy sidharth you are giving it a thought, in most of the cases father of the child didn't approve for it, I saw many mothers who came alone and dealing it with" Dr. Swati Gupta uttered, sana smiled looking at her nodding her head slightly.

" he is so supportive" she replied.

" yaa I can see that, okay come with me" she takes them to the disabled children's ward, sana and sidharth shocked watching the child, she closed her eyes turning back to him, resting her head on his chest, he holds her caressing her back, his heart clenched watching the child in difficulties, some of them was not able to walk as they are covering the distance with the help of their hands.

" they are the child who has a structural birth defect, Structural birth defects are related to a problem with body parts such as cleft lip or cleft palate, heart defects such as missing or misshaped valves, abnormal limbs such as a club foot, and neural tube defects such as spina bifida," she informed them, sidharth knows about it, his day started with the searching and collecting the information about the child disabilities, the problems related to them, chances of survival etc, he didn't discuss it with her as he doesn't want her to get scared, however somewhere in his heart he knows they are fighting for a lost battle, every night she went to sleep, he caresses her womb, talking to the baby for hours, shedding some of his tears, asking for forgiveness, he didn't let her use the internet most of the time.

" meet her, she is Niti suffering from spina bifida, she developed sores, calluses, blisters, and burns on her feet, ankles, and hips."

" is she is not feeling any pain??" sana asked looking at the girl who is playing with toys and giving a very beautiful smile to them she busied herself.

"She is not able to feel certain parts of her body" she informed.

A hand touched his feet, he looked down finding a boy with slightly long hands than normal, he scooted down to his level.

" what happened??" he asked.

" ahhh..awpppppp" sana's eyes filled with tears, as she watched her husband blanking out in front of the child, he touched his cheeks with love and affection, he laughed an unusual laugh, his teeth are big..not able to watch more she ran out of the ward.

" me dekhta hu," he told the doctor.

" sana??"

" ghr chle please yahan nh rehna, chl na Chlte hai mera dum ghoot rha hai"
He nodded, the ride back home was silent, both were fighting with their thoughts.

" sidharth let's abort it" she whispered in the evening.

" what did you just said???" he asked furiously.

" give up kar dete hai" she whispered, he came dangerously close to her holding her cheeks in tight grip he said

" are you even listening to yourself,"

" mujhe pta hai me ky keh rhi hu tune dekha nh un bacho ko, humari bachi me toh fir itne saare defects highlight kiye hai" he grabbed, he throttled her in anger for a second and next moment he punched on the wall, the blood starts oozing from his hand.

" sidhhhh...." she gasped.

" don't you dare to come close to me," he said every word with gritted teeth, she halted in her place, he is looking dangerous to her at the moment.

" I know me jo keh rhi hu woh glat hai, lekin me apne bache ko aise har roz pressani me nh dekh paungi, uski koi social life nh hogi, koi dost nh bnege, she may feel suffocated, bina kisi ke help ke khuch kar nh paayegi" she uttered sitting on the sofa.

" toh Tu ky chahti hai hum honge na uske liye, hum hai or hum kaafi honge aayi baat smuj, baby I know tu dari Hui hai, lekin listen to me, me nh jee paunga aise, I love her more than I love you" he mumbled kneeling in front of her.

"Hum ye nh krenge right, henaa??" she nodded joining their foreheads.

" I am sorry, I uttered those venomous words, I am so sorry...." she whispered.
**************

At 30 weeks, they went in and growth had just completely fallen off a cliff. There'd been no growth at all since the previous appointment. And sana's amniotic fluid was high, alarmingly high. This told the doctors that the baby was not swallowing. Swallowing is how fetuses practice breathing for the outside. If they can't swallow, they can't breathe. This, combined with the muscular issues, told the doctors that there was a very serious condition here, potentially so rare there's not a genetic marker identified for it yet.

" I am sorry Mr. dutta — if we operate her to take the baby out — the baby would live a few minutes before choking to death, in any circumstances the baby will not going to live" she informed him, as sana was on the bed, the test was performed on her.

" you have to take a decision sidharth, it's so not useful to continue with this pregnancy, there is no growth" he gulped all the information, his steps stumbled, before he could fall Rishabh and rehan held him, he sat down on the floor outside her room.

" I...i...can't do that bahi, I can't..." he repeated the words again and again shaking his head in denial, Rehaan hugged him, his baby brother is here crying for his child and he couldn't able to do anything to lessen his pain.

" sidharth..." his mother called him, he looked at her as a child, scooting down to his level, she take his face in her hands, kissing his forehead, he holds her hands tightly.

" you are strong bacha hena, she needs you, it's all destiny, the baby is suffering, take a decision and free her for all the difficulties, I know it's very hard, par bacho ko drd na ho uske liye maa baap kya khuch nh krte hai, chal shabash, khada ho ja and tell her" .
**********
" How are you??" he asked in a shivering voice, she smiled patting her womb lovingly.

" thik hu, you want to talk to the baby" she uttered, a sob left out from his mouth.

" la..st...tim.me...baattt..kr...le" she asked him looking into his eyes deeply, he nodded shifting himself on her bed.

" saesha bacha mumma and daddy loves you so much, we are sorry hum tujhe safe nh rkh paye, you are facing difficulties in breathing bacha, mera pyara puttu doctor ne jaisa kha hum waisa hi krenge, aur hum tujhe thoda sa bhi pressan nh karna cahte" she uttered, sidharth interlocked their fingers together resting on the womb, he bends down kissing her daughter for the last time, he controlled himself from crying out as they have to fight one more fight.

" Daddy loves you so much, more than anything in this world, you know upside there, you have a baby sister or baby brother waiting for you, say our hello and tell we missed our sweet baby" sana shuts her eyes closed letting the tears finally falls.

" promise kar tu sahi slamat wapis aayegi mere pass, I don't want to loose you" he said, she nodded packing his lips.

" tu chinta mat kar, apna dhyan rkhio, khuch kha le bhukha hai na Tu kab se aur promise kar merse mere dekhe bina Tu use mujhse dur nh krega, ek baar dekhna hai, hena nh leke jayega use" he nodded, she has given the anaesthesia for operating on her.

He removed the soil from the nameplate which reads Saesha Dutta forever in our hearts, he kissed it letting his lips keep there for some time, sana sits beside him resting her head on his shoulders, interlocking their fingers, they sit there in silence feeling the presence of their babies in their hearts, the wind touches their faces very smoothly, like a touch of small baby hands, making them calm.....

" somethings are not in our destiny but always remains in our heart for as long as we live"

Thank you for reading ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Do like, comments and share