EXECUTE <SNEAKING>

"Ok go, now. Make for the shadow of that building at your four o'clock" Lora intoned softly. There's was really no need for her to be quiet but the tenseness of the situation made her careful. Even though Quorra knew the city rather well it was imperative that they make it out without being spotted. So they relied on Lora's directions to help them dodge the recognizers floating through the city.

"I expect we'll be in the transformers district very soon" Quorra commented as they stole into the narrow passage between two buildings. Jet was the last in line and just as he got his boot clear of the open road, a recognizer droned into view. It's harsh blue spotlight swept up the road and it's engines rattled the air.

"Freeze" Quorra whispered.

Jet felt his heart hammer in his throat as he flattened himself against the cool wall. While seeing actual recognizers in real life had been exciting for the first five seconds, they soon became terrifying. They were everywhere and if it weren't for their eye on the other side of the computer screen they would have been caught long before now.

The machine passed right by the mouth of their alley. The puddles of rainwater rippled and Jet felt himself shaking with it. Finally, it passed and they all collectively let out a sigh of relief.

"Where to next Lora? Optimus prime is waiting for us" Sam said with shaky bravado.

Quorra raised an eyebrow. "Who is Optimus Prime?" She asked softly.

"Uuuuh it's a television thing Quorra. He's from this race of beings called transformers and we're going to the transformers district" Sam said lamely.

"I got your joke Sam. Don't feel bad" Jet said with overdone sympathy.

"Don't patronize me Jet" Sam growled.

Jet snickered.

"Now Boys" Alan started at the exact same moment as Lora's voice echoed over the link.

"Now boys" she said in her high soprano.

"I know married couples are supposed to be in sync or whatever but this is ridiculous" Sam grumbled.

Alan sighed and muttered something about being too damn old. He directed his next question to his wife.

"Lora, how long till we make the edge of the city?"

"Bear to your left for another few hundred meters. Head towards that tall building with the antenna on it" Lora instructed then answered her husbands question " At your current pace about an hour. I've already marked out the warehouse where you can decompress the light runner. From there youll be able to exit on one of the commercial roads that just has an automated checkpoint. You'll trip an alarm but you'll be long gone before anyone comes to investigate" Lora narrated.

"I've seen far fewer patrols than there were when CLU was here. He must have brought the majority of his forces for his invasion. We shouldn't have an issue exiting the city"

"This is a LOW number of patrols" Jet griped as they darted into another alley.

............

True to Lora's prediction they made it into an densely packed district of warehouses and utility vehicles. There were more programs out and about here. But they were all obviously working, loading packets of energy onto hover trucks or walking briskly with their heads down. No one spared a look for the four travelers as they moved down the street.

Alan seemed more interested as he watched the programs come and go.

"Honestly if Encom's manufacturers were half as efficient as this we would have doubled profits and halved labor costs a long time ago"