CHALLENGERS IDENTIFIED

"And that song's called Wonderwall! pretty fun right?"

There was a smattering of applause throughout the prison cells.

Hilda smiled radiantly. She and Jet had ended up doubled in the same cell. Which worked quite nicely in terms of acoustics "I liked it! Although what's a wonder wall?"

Jet pursed his lips "Im....not really sure. But it sounds cool so I like the song"

"Why would you sing about something if you don't know what it is?" Paige's stared skeptically at him through the orange force field of her cell . The lady renegade couldn't be trusted to have her hands free so she sat forlornly, cuffed to the floor.

Jet gave her a good natured shrug. "Why sing at all? Because its enjoyable"

Paige sighed, already familiar with Jet's non-answers to her logical lines of questioning.

Hilda adjusted the settings on her keyboard.

"Hey! You two are music programs right?" A guy in the cell next to Paige asked.

"Indeed my friend. We call ourselves the Space Paranoids!" Hilda answered radiantly.

"You don't see many art programs around these days" the program commented.

Jet smiled "How about you dude? What's your designation? What you in for?"

"Ah, the name's Rand. I'm a courier, like, with data transfers. I just missed curfew and got lucky enough not to get derezzed on the spot" He shrugged "Wasn't lucky enough to avoid the games" his gaze going towards the floor.

"Ive survived games before. We'll make it through this" Paige looked at Jet and Hilda with a stern glare. Like she would be personally offended if either of them died.

The other program scoffed "Sorry to burst your bubble there but it would take a user to get us all out of this one"

Jet snorted and coughed, then schooled his expression into his regular friendly smile "Well, I think the... users are on our side here. I think we'll make it out of this just fine" Jet smiled

The program rolled his eyes "I wish I had your confidence"

A female program, petite with curly hair spoke from the cell to Jet's left "Could you play another song? I was about to derezz from boredom before you two got in here"

Hilda chuckled and looked to Jet "What would you like to sing next?"

"Hmmm, I guess we could do We Will Rock You since all you need to play it is your beats set and my guitar. Id like to play More than a Feeling but that one would really be best if we had someone to man the keyboards while you do the drums"

"Hm, yes that would be fun. A shame that I'm all tied up at the moment" Paige said sourly and lifted up her bound hands for emphasis

Jet flinched "Yeaaaah sorry about that again. That Dyson guy didn't seem to like you much"

Paige puffed some air and smirked."He and I have an....interesting history"

"Sounded like it"

.......Rewinding.....

Jet, Hilda and Paige were marched into a large chamber that had wide bay windows overlooking the city. They were all handcuffed with a guard to drag them along. Although Paige had two guards. A single program stood with his back to them, his hands folded placidly behind his back.

Paige was marched a little ahead and shoved to her knees.

"Supreme Commander, we have the Renegade" One of the black guards said with his heavily filtered voice. The program by the windows turned towards them, his helmet snapped back to reveal a wide forehead and narrow chin. Jet had to lock his jaw to avoid laughing. Did this guy have a receding hairline? Why would Uncle Flynn give a program a receding hairline? Like, most programs were just bland. But this guy was straight up ugly. It seemed so out of place to Jet he was struggling hard to keep his face smooth and eyes cast down.