NEW PATH UNLOCKED

Jet woke up with a roaring pain in his neck. It took him a moment to realize that the reason for that was that he had slept for at least part of the night with his head hanging awkwardly over one end of the too-short couch. He groaned and swapped his position, trying to get back to sleep but finding that there was just no way to get comfortable. He groaned and sat up, blinking wearily. He jolted slightly to see the light lines of a person standing directly in his line of sight. Like seeing a jacket hanging from a hook in your room at night and thinking it's the outline of an intruder. Jet slapped a hand over his chest and breathed, trying to calm his racing heart. The person turned to look at him. Though Jet couldn't see their face he could see the outlines of Tron's symbol on the chest.

Well now he knew who was just standing around in the middle of the night like a creep. Jet waved half-heartedly and Tron inclined his head in acknowledgement. Jet sat up entirely and shook his head, trying to shake the sleep away. After that shock there was no way he was going to be tired enough to go back to sleep.

He looked around, realizing that it was probably another couple hours till anyone would be ready to wake up. Normally when he was up at a time like this he would go for a run. Or if the weather was bad he'd play his guitar unplugged to avoid complaints from the neighbors.

He stood and started to drift around the main room. Flynn certainly liked his knickknacks. Jet floated by the bookshelf and ran his hand along the spines.

Now he really wished he had his guitar with him. He hummed softly to himself, an old rock ballad from the 80's probably. He couldn't remember the name but the first few lines echoed in his head. Finally he made the full circle and ended up by the mantle to the fire place. Sam had left the blue flame burning so there was a decent enough amount of light to see by without turning on the harsh white floor tiles.

Jet went to pick up one of the bit models on the mantle. Then felt a zinging in his finger tips. He went silent. That was weird. He set it down again and the electric current went away.

"What are the odds this is gonna explode or something?"

He picked the spiky metal decoration up again. No charge.

Weird.

He shrugged and tossed it between his hands.

"Dum dun dun dun what is this song?" He asked himself. That was the problem with rock ballads, it took so long to get to the chorus you tended to get lost along the way. But once you did find the chorus. Well that was a great feeling.

"Come on Jet you're gonna be humming this all day if you don't figure it out. Da da dum dum some thing something melody just like a white winged dove. Sings a song sounds like she's singing ooh baby ohh ohh say oooh. That's it" he snapped finally remembering the chorus. Then the bit flashed green in his hand and sent a jolt through his arm.

"Yikes!" He hissed softly, dropping it with a clatter. It was still glowing green. Hesitantly, Jet picked it up again, feeling energy in the thing but intuitively knowing it wasn't all the way done powering on.

"What did I do to turn you on? I snapped my fingers?" He snapped his fingers again. Nothing happened. The bit stayed there like it was still waiting for something.

"I was singing a song too? Are you like, I dunno. music activated?"

The bit, obviously, did not answer. Feeling stupid but also much too curious to let the matter drop. Jet sang the last few bars of the chorus to Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks. Which was, he had to admit, a really weird pass key for turning anything on, mantelpiece knickknacks included.

The bit jolted his arm again and he felt a humming deep behind his molars, like the sound of an old early 2000s desktop booting up.

The thing grew and got a good bit heavier. In the space of a few seconds what had been a metal knickknack the size of a golf ball became a full size guitar. It was solid shiny black with glowing green strings and bits of white light here and there.