READY TEAM ONE

So, broken arms are categorically not fun.

Jet curled up behind a jutting black rock, trying to stay as still and quiet as possible.

Partly because Rachel had told him to stay still and focus on breathing. And only fools and dead men ignored Rachel.

But he was also staying still because that kaiju Grid bug was currently taking a nap about a half mile away and he did not want to find out if Grid bugs considered users a tasty food source.

While he couldn't deny that getting eaten by a Grid bug would be a pretty rad way to go out, he very much liked being alive.

"Not that you act like it ya moron. You thought you were real smooth, getting dad to bring you along into the Grid. 'Itll be so cool' you thought 'what could go wrong?' you thought. Never considered how broken arms could hurt so damn much. And now youre talking to yourself which definitely doesn't make you seem crazy"

"Talking yourself through a crisis is a normal coping mechanism" Rachel's even voice made Jet jump in surprise. Which also caused white-hot pain to lance through his arm. He hissed.

"Thanks for that Rachel"

"Sorry, should have announced my presence. I know you must be a little on edge"

Jet poked one eye up over the rock to get another look at the kaiju-bug.

"Yeah, a little"

The thing really was huge. It was lumpy and uneven, but definitely had 'Shadow of the Colossus' vibes, with two primary legs that it seemed to walk on and at least four appendages that worked like arms. It was thick near the top, making it seem like it would tip over.

Though at the moment it was in a giant lumpy ball on the ground, it's glowing blue eyes invisible.

"Now would be a great time for you to get here Sam" He muttered.

"Way to be impatient bro" Sam's growl came from the other side of the rock. He scrambled around the corner.

"Sam! You might be the most beautiful thing I've seen today" Jet stage-whispered. The Kaiju bug might be far away but he didn't want to be the idiot to wake it up.

"I brought help too" Sam said, gesturing to the program that slid out of the shadows. Paige, the medic program crouched at his side, her gaze critical.

"You're injured?" She seemed flummoxed by the fact.

"Yeah, slightly broken arm" Jet forced a cheery tone between his teeth.

"Broken arm? What is broken exactly?" She edged closer, scanning his arm with clinical interest. He held it away from his body for better study, wincing.

"Uh Rachel said I broke my Ulnarus bone"

"Your Ulnar Jet" Rachel said tiredly.

"Yeah, my arm bone, like I said"

"Arm bone? What's a bone?"

"We'll you see, when two users love each other very much..."

Sam groaned, cutting him off. "I see it was stupid of me to be so worried about you. Your dumb sense of humor is intact so you're probably ok"

"Well next time I fall out of a crashing space ship I'll be sure to break more bones"

"Yeah, fix that next time. Now if you don't mind" Sam said as he maneuvered around Jet, motioning for him to lean forward so Sam could undock his disc.

Jet complied and Sam blew past Jet's password wall to get to his code.

"Fascinating" Paige said as she further examined Jet's arm.