COLLECTION IN PROGRESS

"Ok mom, so we pull up around this big rock and what do we see? A recognizer? A dreadnought? Heck no! It's a freakin cubist rendition of a Kraken! With these big noodle arms!" Jet was gesturing widely with his hands even though Lora couldn't see it.

"So Quorra says it's a grid bug and I'm like 'wow had no idea grid bugs got that big' cause it's like the size of a freakin semi truck or bigger. So we circle down and start shooting at it when it freakin grabs onto us and tries to pull us down! And Quorra's like 'I'll handle this'" Jet put his hands on his hips and did a horrible falsetto impression of Quorras voice.

"Then she just pulls a James Bond and slides down the stinkin tentacle. So Sam's like 'oh no not my wife!" Jet put his hand over his forehead like a fainting Victorian maiden.

"I did not say that" Sam grumbled.

"Nuh uh, my story. you get your turn later" Jet snapped.

"What are you twelve?" Sam shot back. But Jet ignored him and barreled on.

"So Quorra starts stabbing this thing! And Gems like 'not without me' and she JUMPS out of the plane and starts stabbing the thing too. And they killed it! And then Gem pulls the program the Kraken was trying to eat out of the water and it turns out he's Tron"

"Wait the grid bug was trying to eat someone?" Lora asked. Apparently more confused than when they started.

"You have always been bad at linear story telling Jet" Quorra remarked absently.

Allen sighed.

"Jet, as entertaining as your rendition has been I think I can take it from here"

"Sure thing dad" Jet replied jovially..

"We found a grid bug attempting to consume a program. We engaged. Quorra and Gem destroyed it. We pulled the program into our craft and are now trying to determine...if he's Tron" an odd mix of regret, trepidation and joy lanced through Allen at that moment.

"Oh, that makes sense" Lora responded.

"There is of course one easy way to figure out who he is" Allen said evenly. Gently, he gripped the program by the shoulders and tipped him over, removing the disc from the holster on his back.

"I noticed he had two discs earlier" Gem said almost in a whisper. She reached down awkwardly and pulled another disc off the floorboard.

"He had it clutched in his hand when I found him. I took it from him so it wouldn't injure anyone" she handed the disc to Allen. Who examined them both. "Interesting" Allen said.

Gem shifted and then spoke in a rush like she had been holding in her question for awhile "If you are not Tron. But you wrote Tron. Then that makes you?"

"Allen Bradley" the older man said with a smile. "Pleased to make your acquaintance"

"Allen, like Allen-One?" She asked, her voice truly just a whisper now. Her eyes huge and round. Allen shifted uncomfortably since she was literally only an inch or two away from him.

"Ah yes, that was my old screen name back in my Encom days" a shiver ran through Gem, she averted her eyes from his and looked forward into nothing. It was hard for Allen to pin down the look on her face. Fear? Joy? Wonder?

She exhaled heavily and croaked "I see....that is good to know. It is good to meet you User Allen-One" she turned her face back to him but would not quite meet his eyes. He got the feeling that she would be inching away from him right now if there was even an inch of space to be had in the back of the flier.