Encounter LOADING

Alan watched Tron give orders to the new group of security programs they had just firewalled. The old programmer was standing back while his program handled most of the interaction. He just didn't have much steam left to jump in. But between Beck, Paige, Jet, Gem and Tron there were enough voices to fill the conversation.

"Are you sure you can't take a rest Alan?" Lora asked searchingly. The older man felt a bolt of guilt shoot through him, like he had been caught doing something untoward. He moved a few paces from the ongoing discussion so he could speak to his wife.

"I really tried to take a nap earlier dear. You know how it is, just can't rest when there's so much to do" Alan said a little defensively.

"You sound tired" she accused. Alan exhaled a weary chuckle. He wasn't just tired, he was downright weary. He had a headache that wouldn't stop pounding at the back of his skull. His gut was knotted and burned like it did when he was running on two hours of sleep and multiple cups of coffee.

"Oh and when was the last time you rested hmmmm? Before Jet was taken?"

"I have been sitting at a computer. Not running around who knows where blasting experimental code out of my hands"

"Well I'll have you know I've been sitting IN a computer and anything I have been doing is technically simulated"

"Don't 'technically' me Alan Bradley. I know when you're running on all flat tires "

He snorted.

"Well last I checked Lora I'm the only one who can seem to get this firewall software to work and there's several hundred guards still on the outskirts of the city"

Lora sighed dejectedly "I really thought Quorra had it too. But she nearly made the rebel's base collapse when she lost control. Seriously Alan how are you managing it so easily?"

Alan shrugged, then realized his wife couldn't see the gesture.

"Not sure sweetie. But have you looked at my disc? Like really looked at it in comparison to everyone else's?"

He waited, wondering if she would see the same thing he had.

There was a soft sound of typing on the other end.

"Now that's odd" She said.

"I noticed it looked different but I simply haven't had the time to figure out why" he prompted.

She thought for a few moments. Then, the sound of her snapping her fingers made him flinch.

"You have administrator privileges! I think that's the difference!" Alan cocked his head to the side. Picturing all the additional menus and options he had found the last time he was perusing his own disc. It made sense but...

"Why would I have that?" Alan asked, his headache suddenly spreading from the back of his head to the temples.

"Maybe....It was Flynn. He said he wanted to show you what he was working on didn't he?" Her voice was very careful, gentle.

Alan clenched his jaw slightly "Yes, he did say that. Although from the looks of things he had about a decade to tell me before things went sideways"

"Well, I think this proves he really did mean to show you the Grid. If he went ahead and built you administrator privileges"

"You might have them too. If you came in here" Alan said solemnly.

"It would have been nice. To see it all with Flynn. I bet he would be all hyperactive and bounce around. He always got like that when he wanted to show us his new projects"