ENTERING SLEEP MODE

Alan knew how he had written Tron. He knew that his program was supposed to be on alert, always scanning for threats. Yet it still surprised him a bit to realize that Tron didn't really sleep.

When everyone turned in for the night Tron was still up.

Although come to think of it there wasn't really a bed for him.

Sam and Quorra were sharing one.

Gem was using Sam's old bed

Alan used Flynn's.

And Jet had decided to be the gentleman and was currently collapsed across Flynn's couch, one leg hanging off.

Tron had spent the previous night deactivated on the table. Now, there really wasn't anywhere to put him since leaving him to rest on Flynn's digital mahogany seemed a bit rude.

"I'd like for you to rest Tron" Alan said quietly.

Tron was currently in a military at-ease position, staring out the large bay window at Tron city.

"I'll be all right Alan. I don't really go into full sleep like other programs. I only cycle all the way down when I've suffered damage"

"That I know" Alan conceded "but there's still malware in you" he gestured to the ragged scar along Tron's jaw. It was a stubborn thing. Alan had tried for a full hour to fix it before giving up and leaving it for the next day.

Tron nodded slowly "Yes, but I have had plenty of energy today. What's more you got my self-healing subroutine nearly to full functionality. I am fine for the night. I am perfectly happy to keep watch while you all rest"

Alan grunted. Not liking that but not seeing a way around it. Short of knocking him out he didn't really see a way to MAKE Tron sleep. Instead he stepped up to the edge of the window and passed through the sound filter, motioning for the program to follow. He settled himself down on the lip of the fountain outside.

"Perhaps I can keep you company for a while at least"

Tron hesitated, standing back awkwardly.

"You really don't have..." he started.

"Yeah but I want to. So sit down" Alan said with mock annoyance. This reminded him of having to wrangle Jet when he was a teenager. His son had been an especially sullen young man and getting him to sit down and have a conversation had been like pulling teeth at times.

Tron settled himself and eyed Alan curiously. He certainly was the tight lipped type. Not the easiest to just start talking to. So Alan initiated, picking the first topic that came to mind.

"I hope you don't mind but I improved the range of your passive sensors. I realize now that I probably should have asked. Sorry"

"...Its no problem. In fact, thank you for improving them. I had noticed they were stretching farther than I remembered. I thought my memory was just faulty"

Alan half-smiled "If you'd like I could make you a few inches taller. I'm going to try to tackle that scar on your face again tomorrow so it'll be a good time to tweak any physical attributes" He said in a half -joking tone.

Tron smiled back, giving a single laugh that sounded like a puff of air "No, that's fine. If my frame changed too much it would affect how I'm able to maneuver. I might have to learn how to punch all over again if my arms were too long"

Alan rubbed his chin "Hmmm that's a good point. I suppose making you much stronger might end up being detrimental too. You'd end up breaking everything you touched until you learned how to temper it"