START PROJECT?

Whenever Flynn was coding, he tended to talk throughout the process, making comments on his work or discussing things completely unrelated to the task at hand. It seemed like his mind worked best when he was dealing with several tasks at once.

Tron had attributed this trait to his User nature. Programs focused on one directive at a time, but he would not assume that users had that limitation.

Then, as he watched Alan-One rebuilding his code he had to wonder if Flynn's methods were unique to himself and not the rule. Tron's creator sat there for nearly a quarter of a cycle. He only occasionally spoke to ask a question to the users on the other end of their wireless link or to ask Tron about one process or another and how it was running. Otherwise he sat in utter silence. Completely immersed in his task. Tron remained mostly still. If he was being honest, his scars still ached badly and he could feel the various bits of malware creeping around his system, corrosive and malignant. Even shifting around sent spasms of pain racing through his body.

Tron used that time to observe Alan-One and how he worked.

Efficient and logical were the two best terms. He coded with mad speed, disassembling broken lines and rebuilding them with impressive ease. Like he had rebuilt Tron a thousand times.

Suddenly, Alan-One sighed and leaned back away from the orange disc, he rolled his shoulders and groaned. Tron straightened slightly.

"Are you...alright Alan?" Tron asked. Alan-One looked up, blinking like he had forgotten Tron was there.

"Ah yes, yes just fine. Its just a thorny problem with a lot of different pieces" He exhaled heavily. He cocked his head, listening like he did when the person on the other side of the wireless link was speaking. "I'm fine, Lora you don't need to worry about me either. Just getting too damn old to marathon code like I used to"

Tron considered Alan-One for a moment "Lora is your wife, correct?" Flynn had explained the concepts of spouses and children to Tron a long time ago. He at least knew the basics of how it worked. Even if Flynn wasn't always the best at explaining such things.

Alan-One smiled amiably "Yes, she says hello by the way. Unfortunately, we don't yet have a way to patch you into the link. I'm sure she'd do a much better job of entertaining you. How long have we been sitting here by the way?" He rubbed his eyes with both hands, grunting a bit.

"A little under a quarter-cycle"

"Over five hours!?" Alan-One said with a touch of shock. He rolled his shoulders again "No wonder I'm so stiff. How about you Tron, have you even moved this whole time?"

Tron gave a half smile "Do I look like I have somewhere else to be?" He echoed Alan-One's words from earlier.

Alan-One raised an eyebrow "Don't be uncomfortable on my behalf. I told you I tend to get focused when I'm working a project. If you need to move or lay down or something feel free"

Tron shrugged "I'm fine"

Alan-One looked down at the still glowing interface of Tron's disc "You have a loose definition of fine. I know you're probably downplaying the amount of pain you're in"

Tron shrugged again. Not wanting to confirm Alan-One's words but feeling unable to lie. Alan-One shook his head in mild exasperation.

"Is Lora's Username Lora-Prime?" Tron asked, changing the subject.

Alan-One grinned "Yes, but if you call her that she'll probably try to smack you with something" he listened for a moment. "Its confirmed, she says you must call her Lora"

"Very well" Tron nodded. He opened his mouth, wanting to voice another question but finding it was buried very deep inside him "Does she remember, a program named Yori?" He had not spoken that name for hundreds of cycles. It stuck a bit on its way out.