READY TEAM TWO

"Beck! Hey can you hear me?" A voice came distorted and faint to the renegade's audio sensors. He grimaced.

Tron was trying to wake him up. Couldn't he see that Beck was trying to get a sleep cycle in? Leave it to a crusty old program like Tron not to let him get a moments rest.

"I'm running, I'm up, I'm up" He slurred, feeling his processes kick into a proper start. He blinked away the digital snow in his vision.

"Hes coming around" Tron's voice came from somewhere above him. Beck focused on the sound. Then jolted. His designation had been off. The figure kneeling by him was Alan-One. He shot upwards to a sitting position, the memory files from before his crash rolling in reverse. He and the User where nestled in between several data shards, pieces of their ship if he had to guess. The old User smiled at him tiredly, but his eyes seemed unfocused, like he was listening over their link to the Users outside the Grid.

"Alan? What happened?" He asked with hesitance, not sure if he was interrupting. The older User nodded then focused on the mechanic.

"Despite all the odds we seem to have survived a very chaotic ship crash. How are you feeling by the way? Any damage?"

Beck ran a quick surface diagnostic. He had scoring along both arms and down his torso where he'd hit the ground. Pain signals flashed across his vision. He dismissed them with a grunt. He hadn't escaped the crash unscathed, but frankly he was in better shape than he had any right to be. There were cubes of vehicle code shattered around them. Probably the remains of his light jet.

"I'm in better shape than the ship. How about everyone else? Is Paige OK? Is.." He struggled to stand as he spoke but was silenced when the User tapped him on the chest. Making him stay seated.

"Hold up, we're gonna stay right here for a second alright? Your friends are OK so we're gonna stay calm" Beck settled himself again, struggling against the dissonance between the older User and his memory files of Tron. They were so similar, not just in appearance. Their personalities, the confidence, the matter-of-fact tone was all Tron. But the User didn't have the deadly edge that defined Tron's movements. Also, he smiled. A lot more than Beck was accustomed to with his mentor. The difference muddled his processes.

"Alan?" A female voice called. Beck struggled to designate it.

The User looked off into the shadows, his face pinching in focus "Quorra, we're over here! Have you heard from Zed and Gem yet?" Beck blinked and watched the ISO or User -whatever she was- scramble between two shards of the wreck.

"Yes, they're moving towards us. I let them know we found Beck"

The old User hummed "At least the short range comms are working. One positive in all this"

"Intermittently. I lost contact with Sam when he went into the fragmented area where Jet landed"

"Where is everyone else? You said they made it out alright?" Beck asked. The two Users shared a look.

Alan-One revealed his slightly tired smile again "We're all kind of scattered and trying to find each other. It's strange but from what I'm hearing from the Users on the outside, everyone made it out. Bit of a miracle but I'm not one to complain about good luck"

Beck recalled the enormous Grid bug slicing the ship nearly in half and shattering it into burning pieces. Franky, no one should have survived that. But he wasn't one to complain either.

The renegade cocked his head when footsteps registered in his audio. He scrambled to his feet. Two sets of light lines cut through the gloom, white and green.