Chapter 5

PLEASE REMEMBER TO COMMENT AND LIKE; I WILL TAKE ANY SUGGESTIONS INTO MIND. THANKS.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up at my daily 5:00 with a headache. I sat up and looked at Sarah, smiling. Her soft skin and hair were just beautiful. I looked at the glass door, congested with crazy people before; it was empty. I stood to my feet and went up into my office, sat down in my black office chair, and looked out the giant window. I saw the street below, with shattered cars and an abandoned army truck.

There's our getaway car. I stood up and went back downstairs.

"Everyone up! We need to get moving! We have a getaway car, and I don't want to lose any opportunity to get guns!" I called upon the group. They all groaned and cried.

"It's too early!" Luis complained.

"Yeah, my alarm doesn't go off for another..." He looked at his watch, 5 AM. "Six hours!" Steven complained. Luke and Nickolai were up and ready to go.

"Where's our getaway car?" Nickolai asked, walking up to me.

"It's in the middle of the street; we must get there. Follow me." I ordered, walking up the steps into my office. He followed me to the window, where I pointed to the green military truck. "See the truck? That's our getaway, but we must get past that group of crazy people." I pointed to the line of limping crazy people on the street; they just crawled slowly and walked around.

"What are they doing?" Nickolai asked me.

"I have no idea... Sarah said it has something to do with the bite." I explained.

"Alright, how are we going to get past them?" He asked.

"I think we can outrun them, but then we must hurry," I said.

"Alright, let's go." He said, walking back down to the front room of the factory.

"Hey, can I have your attention?" He called. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at him. "We are going to get a truck from the other side of this building; we will need you to hurry, though; if you don't, we won't be able to obtain the truck; everyone, except two people, will climb into the back. Steven raised his hand.

"I'll sit in the front!" He said.

"Ladies first!" Veronica said, standing up.

"Can we eat something?" Chuck said, standing up. Nickolai turned to me.

"Yeah, I think there's cereal in the kitchen and a gallon of milk," I said, going down and into the kitchen. I opened the cupboard and pulled out Kellogg's Frosted Flakes and some plastic bowls. I opened the fridge and pulled out the gallon of 2% milk. I took it back out and set the bowls on one of the cutting boards, moving the saw. "Please, take a little milk. We need it for everyone here." The group came over and formed a line, each getting a bowl of cereal and milk. When I reached the front line, Luis took the last grain. I looked at him, and he just laughed.

"Sorry, bro. Tough luck." He said, taking a bite of cereal and walking away.

I'll give you tough luck. I gave the last of the milk to Sarah; she looked at me and smiled.

"Thanks." She said. I smiled back and threw away the empty carton and box. When everyone was finished, we got ready to go.

"Stay close behind me and make as little noise as possible," I said, opening the door into the ally. I looked up and down at it, but nothing. I walked out into the partner and the rest of the group; we walked along the wall to the edge of the building. I looked back at the group; they nodded their heads in affirmation. I went around the corner and ran along the bloody sidewalk; the group followed me to the other edge of the building. I looked around the corner at the green truck and crazies. I put my hand up and counted from three with my fingers, then ran out as quietly as possible. My footsteps were loud, but when the others came, they were loud. The crazy people looked at us while we were running, then started growling and coming towards us.