Chapter 6

I sat in the seat, looking out the bloody window, watching as the crazies limped towards the speeding car. I looked over at the man.

"The name's Jimmy Blake, by the way." He said, tapping the steering wheel.

"Axel," I said, closing my eyes and laying my head back on the seat. He turned the truck and parked it on the side of the road where we took the car. He took the keys and put them in his pocket. He hopped out of the car, went to my side, and helped me. He walked me to the front door and knocked.

"Just a second!" A voice said. The door opened, and my heart filled with anger.

"Oh... My... God...." Selena said, just staring at me. I stared back at her.

"Hi..." I said.

"Do you guys know each other?" Jimmy asked.

"Yeah... She." I started.

"I knew him from the grocery store! I was a cashier!" She lied.

"Okay..." Jimmy said. Groaning came from a ways away.

"Come inside, please," Selena said. Jimmy walked me inside and up the stairs into a bedroom; he sat me down on the bed and unhand-cuffed me.

"Stay here, don't move. I will get you for dinner! You are going to stick with us." He demanded, leaving the room. He shut the door, there was the click of a lock, and then he went downstairs. I rubbed my hands and looked around. There were pictures of a black-haired boy with his mother and him playing soccer on his desk and dresser. He had a television and a PS4. I turned on the TV and turned it to the news.

"This infectious disease is spreading like wildfire! If you are still on land, you must get to a boat. We have been loading people onto these manning ships for hours." The reporter said. The camera changed to a helicopter view, where the military was pelting millions of crazies to the ground.

"The walkers are continuously trying to get to our ships and infect us; as we hold them back for now, it eventually won't hold them. We leave in three hours, citizens of Earth. May God be with you." Another reporter said. Then the Television went blank.

These things we see outside are walkers... They carry the disease... We are survivors... I sat thinking for about an hour when the door opened, and Selena came in.

"Can I talk to you?" She said, shutting the door.

"Sure..." I said, looking at her. She pushed her blonde hair behind her ear and looked at me.

"Listen, I found an excellent group of people here; I don't want to be kicked out... Please don't ruin this for me." She asked.

"Fine," I said, my anger building.

"Thank you so much." She said, putting her arms out to hug me. I stood up and opened my arms. When I got close to her, I grabbed her neck. She gasped as I lifted her off the ground.

"You listen to me. You mess with me or anyone in my group, and I swear to god I will kill you." I said.

"Uh-huh! I... I promise..." She struggled. I released my grasp, and she fell to the ground, coughing. I sat back on the bed and watched her as she got up. She was shaking as she opened the door; she closed it, leaving it unlocked.

This is my opportunity. I stood up and crept for the door; I opened it slightly and looked out. Selena was talking to Jimmy.

"Did he hurt you?" Jimmy asked her.

"He grabbed my throat..." She said, handing him a gun. "Do what's right."

That bitch. I shut the door softly and hid behind it, waiting for him to enter. He cocked the gun and opened the door.