Chapter 7

I woke up to the sound of walkers hitting the car window. I opened my eyes and just watched as they slapped their hands against the glass window, leaving blood stains on them. I shook Selena until she opened her eyes. She smiled.

"Hi," she said.

"Uh... Hi, we gotta go, don't tell anyone about that." I said sternly.

"I won't." She said, getting off of me and starting to get dressed. I got dressed and started the truck. I checked my watch.

3:47 AM, please still be there. I drove down the street towards the jail, leaving the walkers behind. I parked the truck at the prison, jumped out, and ran through the front door. Bullet holes filled the door; an unfamiliar dead man was leaning against the door. I shoved him to the side with my foot and opened the door; a wave of relief filled me as Alex pointed his crossbow at me.

"Get down! I told you... Axel!" He screamed, setting his bow down and coming up to me. He hugged me, and I hugged him back and laughed. "What the hell happened, man?"

"I got captured by that guy when you returned inside," I said.

"We thought you went to get some food, but we weren't sure; we stayed here. We agreed to give you a day till we went out to look for another car. Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, Selena got me out," I said.

"Selena? She's still alive?" He asked, surprised.

"Yes, I'm still alive, you ass." She said, opening the door further. Alex took his pistol out.

"Put your weapons on the ground! We don't want what happened at the factory to happen again!" He said. She put her hands up.

"Hey! I'm not going to do that again! I promise!" She said.

"She's okay," I said, putting my hand on his arm and lowering it slowly.

"I trust you," Alex said, looking into my eyes and nodding. He put his weapon in his pocket.

"What happened outside the door?" I asked.

"We almost got ambushed; some raiders came, trying to shoot us as we scavenged the entrance of the building. I tried going into the armory, but it is congested with crazies." Alex said.

"Walkers," I interrupted.

"I'm sorry?" He asked.

"Walkers. They call them walkers." I said.

"Okay, whose they?" He asked.

"The news crew, they are taking everyone who is a survivor to the middle of the ocean until the military wipes the epidemic," I explained.

"Well, the news is bullshit. They would have come to get us." Alex justified.

"Alex, they killed Dylan; the people who are supposedly trying to save us are killing us. I am sure they killed everyone in the hospital. This isn't a game." I said. Alex didn't know what to say.

"I gotta go chew; I'll be back." He said, walking out of the jail door.

"Well, I'm gonna go to sleep; goodnight, Axel," Selena said, walking over and lying up against a wall. I opened the door to the entrance when Alex came sprinting back up to me.

"We have a big problem... Get inside and lock the door." He said.

"Okay? Why?" I asked.

"Walkers are coming... They are coming fast." He said, getting past me inside the jail. I walked in and shut the door, locking it behind me. "Wake up, we need everyone to wake up! We have a huge problem!" Everyone started to rub their eyes and groaned.