Chapter 21

I woke up to the sound of thunder. The rain pelted against the window of the motel. I sat up, climbed out of bed, removed my mask, walked into the bathroom, and looked into the mirror. I rubbed the scruff on my face.

I need to get rid of that.

I turned on the water, but nothing. I returned to the room, woke Taylor up, and got ready.

"Morning," Taylor said, climbing out of the bed.

"Morning," I said, pulling a bag of chips out. I opened them up, took a handful, and handed the bag to Taylor, who also grabbed it. I left the half can of beans on the table, put the chips back in the bag, zipped the bag up, and got ready.

"You ready?" I asked, moving the table away from the door.

"Yeah, let's go." She said, sliding her mask back on and locking it into place.

"Alright, let's go," I said, opening the door. I was instantly met by a walker, who grabbed my chest. "What the fuck!" I held it away from my face as I chopped its jaws at me. Taylor grabbed the knife from her belt and stabbed it in the head, forcing it to the ground.

"You good?" She asked me. I bent over and laughed.

"That was close," I said, walking out into the rain. Taylor followed without making a sound. I returned to the car, opened the door, and got in. Taylor went around to the passenger side and got in. I started the car but then felt the coldness of a pistol barrel against my neck.

"Don't move." A man said. Taylor turned to look at the man. The man pointed his gun at her. "Turn around."

My only opportunity.

I smacked the gun out of the man's hand, grabbed his hand, and bent it backward. I turned around to find a middle-aged man with long brown hair.

"Ow! Ow! Okay! Okay! I'm sorry!" He said as I forced him to press his face against the window.

"Who are you!" I screamed.

"My name is Kyle Johnson! I have a group, but I've been trying to get back to them!" Kyle said. I bent his hand back further. He screamed in pain, opening the door and falling out of the car. He got up and tried to run. I turned the car on as fast as I could in his direction.

"What are you doing?!?" Taylor screamed.

"He has three of our guns!" I screamed back, driving as fast as I could into him. There was a large thud as he flew over the windshield and onto the ground behind us. I stopped the car and got out. I walked over to him, where he tried to crawl away.

"Please..." He said, with his hand raised in surrender.

"Give me the guns," I said, kicking him in the face. He fell to the ground, shook his head, and begged again. I kicked him in the face once more with my boot. This time, he fell and didn't get back up. I checked him, grabbed three pistols, and returned to the car.

"You killed him!" Taylor said, hitting my shoulder.

"He wouldn't listen to me," I said, justifying my actions. I drove out onto the street and drove up to 80 MPH. Just then, a bus passed us.

"You-"

"What the..." I interrupted, looking into the bus. It was full of people. I drove faster, trying to catch up to it. I got right up behind it as a man stood up in the back seat, pointing a gun at us.

"Get out of here!" Taylor screamed, getting down under the seat.

I turned over to the side of the vehicle and drove up to where the driver was. He looked at me, and I signaled him to pull over. He had curly brown hair and a large beard. Then, an African man came up to the front with a gun pointed at us. The driver grabbed the gun and put it down. He pulled over to the side of the road as I did.