La Push

*Mason's POV*

It has been weeks since I felt the pain of my mate leaving. Now all I feel is numb and empty. Sometimes I wish I was in pain just so I could know I was still alive. Nobody tried to talk to me anymore, they all gave up weeks ago. Well, everyone exept Ariana. No matter what anyone said she would always come into my room and try to get me to say even just one word. I had overheard that she was coming over today and I knew that if I didn't talk to her this time she would stop trying, so I sat up on my bed and waited.

I knew that all the vampires in the house listened to mine and Ariana's one way conversations silently hoping that I would say something but also knowing I wouldn't. Then I heard my door opening.

"Mason, I know you probably won't answer me but, I was wondering if you wanted to come to La Push with me and Bella. Leah has been really upset about you not coming to see her and I think she's at the point where she will come here as a wolf and drag you out with her teeth. What do you say?" She looked at me hoping to herself I would speak.

I slowed breathed in and out.

"Ok."

With just one word every vampire in the house gasped and Ari practically screamed. She dragged me to get dressed and then dragged me downstairs as fast as humanly possible.

Everyone looked at me, speechless but I just grabbed Bella's hand and followed Ariana out to their truck, leaving the stunned vampires behind us.

The drive to La push was mostly silent which gave me a lot of time to think. I was still suffering and I knew that because Leah imprinted on me that she can't say no to me. I decided that I was going to ask her to kill me.