Bear Hugs From the Bestie

*Mason's POV*

I stared at my grandfather and waited for the "don't leave" speech again. He was arrogant to think that he could convince to say with the same speech that hadn't worked the last time. I decided that I would humour him and least listen to part of it.

"I understand that you won't want to stay here but I just have to ask once if you would consider it." At least he knew I wasn't going to stay.

"You are right there. I'm not going to stay here. I must go home to my family and I'll be taking my girlfriend with me if you don't mind." He wouldn't say no as he knew I could very easily overpower him and all of his guards.

"Alright then. Just tell Carlisle hello from me." He requested.

"All right then."

With those words I grabbed Alice's hand and started to leave. I made it to the reception area when Morgan and my siblings stopped me.

"You weren't really going to leave again without saying goodbye were you." Morgan embraced me in a best friend bear hug.

"Mo, you know I wouldn't. I just knew that you guys were going to come after us." I hugged her for a bit longer before she had to return to the guard.

I then turned to my brother and sister who had always been there for me. I felt remorse at the fact that I had left them behind even though I knew they were not miserable like I was.

"Listen I'm sorry I left you the-." I was cut of by Jane.

"Mason you don't have to apologise. You were miserable and you actually did something about it, which is more than I can say for anyone else here. We are just happy to see you again." They then both pulled me into a hug before also returning to the guard.

I turned to Alice and gave her a small kiss because right now it said more than what I could think to say with words. Then we turned back to the exit from the castle.
As we walked down the dark corridor towards the exit into the streets of Volterra, I felt the odd sense that I was being watched. I shrugged it of as I was to happy focusing on the fact that I had Alice back again.