Chapter 4 ~FrostShield Guild~

In the 『Shehnard City』, people were bustling away, doing their jobs. Many were trying to sell different merchandise, - food, clothes, weapons, books etc. The city was filled with merchants from everywhere, trying to make living.

The 『Shehnard City』had many adventurers and travellers. It made for a great spot to sell items.
In the now busy street, where you can barely pass by each other, was Noah, easily making his way through towards an Inn.
It was very easy to spot him in this crowd filled with mainly brown coloured heads, and other colours, with his white hair. He was also quite tall, making him even more obvious.

Many were looking at him as he passed by, as they were enchanted by his features.

Noah passed by every person easily, and looked around at the various shops.
Originally, it would have taken him at least an hour before he could arrive at this city.
But with the help Roe, he made it here in less than 20 minutes.

He soon took a left turn, and came across a path that was not as crowded as the previous one.
The path he had just come from was the 『Shopping district』.
He was now at the 『Inn district』.

He looked around at many different coloured buildings, that had people advertising themselves.
Unlike all these Inns, there was one Inn, that mainly players like him had gone to.
[Eagle Inn].
It was a place that players were guided to once they entered this city.

Noah slowly walked farther and farther, and soon reached an inn with a sign of an eagle resting in it's nest.
This was [Eagle Inn].
The inn for adventurers, or players. The reason it was called as such, was because, other than being lead here by the game, you could easily find tasks here, that could lead to even the main quest itself.
It was a famous inn for players for this very reason.

Noah opened the door, resulting in sound of a bell ringing.
The inn looked a little shabby on the outside, but was very clean on the inside.
There was a young man with black hair and purple eyes, that was leaving on a table.
His hair was so black it looked like there was a disturbance in space.
The young man was a whole head taller than Noah.

(A/N - Please look up 'vantablack' for the idea of the colour.)

"Welco-..."

The young man with the purple eyes started speaking but soon stopped.
His originally expressionless face, turned to a shocked one as soon as he looked at Noah.

'Why is he acting like that? Did he not expect me? That shouldn't be it. Even if this inn mainly had players as it's customers, there were still quite a few NPCs that came here....
Also, who is he? I've never seen him in this inn before, while playing the game.
Maybe something changed since it's real life now?..
So confusing...'

"Hello. I'm here to book a room for a week."

The taller man with the pitch black hair did not reply, and only stood there while looking at Noah, with his still shocked expression.

Noah - "Hello? Can I stay here for a week?"

The man had still not replied, even as Noah called him again.
But soon he broke out of his trance, as a new voice had appeared.
It was the voice of a woman.

"Arteus, is there a customer?"

The woman had a chubby figure, with a kind look. She was a cat woman, as seen by her cat ears and tail.
She had brown hair, with closed eyes.[1]

She she came from a room, she looked at the young man called 'Arteus' and then at Noah.

"My! It seems we do indeed! Welcome sir! I am Leanna, the wife of the owner of this inn. May I know if you would like a room or a meal?"