Chapter 14 ~a part of the past(3)~

Underground, the place where Arteus, Karm and Flardryn had arrived. The dragon's black eyes, they had vertical pupils.
They examined the three of them, stopping on Atreus who had called out his name. The black dragon stood up and took few steps in front of Arteus. He was approximately, 40-50 metres big. He towered over the group of three, and yet, he was still nothing compared to Atreus.

"My lord.. why are you here? Are you here to let this humble on go? Then, I must say, despite my wishes, it is not the best idea, my Lord."

The dragon spoke in it's deep voice. He bowed his head towards Arteus, and waited for him(A) to respond.
"Cor, do not have such ideas. If I were to ever let you out without Noah's permission, he would hate me. And that, as you already know, is something that I want the least. I'm here for some other matter, which unfortunately, involves you."

Cor, the name of the dragon, narrowed his eyes, his pupils shrinking into an even more straighter line, at the sound of his most precious master.
"Hah-, it is a pity that Master is no longer here. It seems this one will be able to get out anytime soon..."
"You're wrong."
"What?"
"You're wrong, Cor. Don't tell me you don't feel it? The mana from Noah... it is obviously being taken from him, to re-establish a forcibly broken contract... between you and him... which is making him suffer.."

The whole place went silent, except for the slight sound form the movement of the metal chains.
Cor breathing became hazardous - "Do you- Do you really mean it my Lord!? Is the master back!? Is the magic that- that I've been feeling really his!? He is still alive!?"

Arteus calmly answered the dragon, whereas Karm and Flardryn both sweated, holding each other's hands.
"Noah has come back. It's been a few days already. Unfortunately though, he does not seem to remember anything. Just like he promised, he came back. For all of us..."

All the four beings in this cave-like place, became quite.
For us

They all remembered those last words from him - "I promise... I'll come back, for all of you! So, wait for me..."
He said. And so, they waited. Waited in agony, in regret of not being able to protect him, in anger, in desperation. Some almost gave up, only to remember his words, and continued to wait for him. The one here, went crazy after he dies, and went on a killing spree, only to be locked for the past 500 years or so.

And now, he's back...

"Master! Is back! He is back! My Lord! Please, let me see him-"

Arteus interrupted the dragon - "I would love to, but first, the contract. Quickly accept Noah's mana, or he is going to have to continue to suffer."

"Yes! Yes, my lord!"

The dragon bowed his head towards Arteus, immediately getting to accept the mana from Noah, that had been forcibly taken, to re-establish their broken contract.
Cor felt the mana coursing through his body. It felt warm, just like back then. It made him powerful, it made sturdy, it made strong. Strong enough to protect his master, and yet he was not able to.

He slowly remembered the first time he had met Noah...

(Flashback)
Noah and Arteus had around ten months ago. They're relationship had gotten to a different point in just the past few months. They were holding each other's hands, and travelling through the [Dragon forest]. This whole forest was ruled by the dragons, and was located in the western continent.

As they walked through the forest, they felt the presence of an extremely powerful being, though nothing in comparison to them. Noah, interested asked Arteus - "Reus, can check it out? I want to see! It must be a powerful dragon!"
Arteus, though reluctant, a she was worried is something bad would happen, agreed and escorted Noah over to the place where they felt the presence.

They came across a half broken dragon egg, with a black dragon inside it. Noah looked around, wondering where the dragon's parents had gone.
He tried to find their presence, a similar one to this dragon child. But he could not find any. Though, the presence of death was nearby.
It made him realise, this dragons parents were dead.

"It's parents are dead. But, how? If they had died naturally, it would be fine, but they had given birth to this child. I don't think dragons breed at the end of their live! Right?"
Arteus - "No. Someone must have killed them. A dragon slayer, most likely? Those little critters always run around these places."

Noah frowned, anger visible on his face. Even though he was angry, he gently picked up the dragon child. The dragon hatchling slightly squirmed in his hands.
"Can I keep him?"
His eyes sparkled at Arteus - "No."

It did not work.
"Why not..?"
Noah whined.
Arteus firmly said - "If you take it, then all your attention will be given to this stupid dragon! I don't want that. All your attention should be mine. IS mine!"
Noah sighed.
"Well, I'm taking it either way!"

Arteus was surprised - "I said no!"
"But I want him!"

"How will you even take care of him!?"
"I'll make sure Cor is good boy!"

"You already named him as well?"
"Yes!" Humph.
Sigh~

The dragon suddenly squirmed again, and opened it's eyes. It made a small noise. It's huge eyes opening and closing while looking at Noah. Noah as well looked at the dragon.

They started to have a staring contest, in which Arteus continuously tried interrupt when - "Mama~!"
Said the dragon.

Noah and Arteus were both surprise. The dragon looked at Arteus - "Papa!"

It spoke human. And called Noah and Arteus it's mother and father.
How cute~

(End of flashback)

After that, he was taken in by Noah and Atreus. A contract was made between him and Noah.
Right now, that very contact was once again made between them. After it was completed, which took up to 10 minutes, Arteus removed the large chains using his magic.

After the chains were removed, Cor turned smaller to fly over with other three to Noah.

———————————————————————————————
I know! Two chapters in a day! Yay!
I'll be probably making 2 or 3 more parts before this Arc ends!

Thank you for reading!

ARoseRRRSS