Chapter 12 ~A part of the past(1)~

Flardryn closes his eyes, and pours his mana into the book. It glows a beautiful blue shade, as the puzzles on the page change to form a lock. A very imposing lock, that, despite being a drawing on the book, made one feel fear.

Arteus, Flardryn and Karm, all three looked at the bookshelf. It slowly opened to reveal a staircase that went down. Candles on the walls lit up the pathway, allowing you too see just enough to not trip.
Flardryn - "Me and and Karm will go down first. You should check up on Young master first and then come down."

Arteus nodded and went over to Noah. Flardryn and Karm looked at each other, both seeing the horror and hesitation in each other's eyes. They nodded to themselves and went down.

A - "Amarille, bring a blanket over and cover Noah. Prepare some warm water for him to drink once he wakes up. Immediately call me using this, if something happens, alright?"

He gave Amarillo a locket. Amarille, Flardryn's assistant and the vice guild master of [FrostShield], - "I understand. You do not have to worry, Lord. I have done this many times before."

Arteus ignores Amarille's statement, and kisses Noah on his(N) forehead before he heads down the staircase. Amarille cover Noah over with a soft, warm blanket and Goes to prepare some warm beverages and snacks as well, for when Noah wakes up.

In the main guild office, there was no one left now, except for Noah, who was unconscious on the couch. His breathing was ragged, as his Snow White skin turned red from the heat. He frowned, trying to move his hands to remove the blanket, unable to do so.

His breathing got heavier, and his body became hotter. His face crunched from the pain - 'Hot, hot...

It's... so painful...

It hurts...

Arteus.. Arteus.? Arte-...
Reus...'

His mind went blank. All he could see was darkness. He could not feel, hear, or see anything. In fact, he was suffering too much to care. This blank space in front of him-

'So painful...'

It was only making it worse.

'Make it, stop,.... Please-'

His breathing once again became ragged. Amarille was still in the other room, preparing some tea and snacks.
No one was there to notice his pain. To help him.
'Help me...'

The blank space suddenly became bright. The bright flash clouded his mind.

"Ughh~" He groaned from the discomfort. The bright flash only appeared for a second, before disappearing and revealing a completely different scene.

Noah's eyes opened. He saw a large ceiling. It wasn't the guild, nor the Inn. He was sure. It was much grander, and had a completely different colour scheme from what he knew. It was a beautiful white, with golden inscriptions. He tried to move, and get up, but he couldn't.

He tried again and again, but gave up.. 'Where am I? Why can't I move?'
He questioned. Lost in his thoughts, he was surprised when he had suddenly sat up.

'What the..? I didn't do anything?'

His body moved on it's own, and stood in front of a mirror. Noah looked at mirror, and was shocked.

The reflection in the large mirror, showed himself, in white clothing. Seemingly nightwear.
Unlike himself now, the reflection had long white hair, with his usual red strand of hair, reaching his waist. Everything else about him was the same, but Noah had realised something-

'This.. this isn't me- No! This is me! But.. I can't control my body...'

The body he was in blinked. It moved, walking towards the large golden door. The door opened and revealed Arteus, with his black hair, just a little longer from what he knew.

The body quickly walked to Arteus who smiled and spread arms. Noah's body hugged him, and just before Arteus could as well, the scene changed.

This time, the scene was anything but peaceful like previously. It was filled with flames and people dressed in different and kinds of clothing. There were only a few, all of them fighting (Monsters). It was a chaotic atmosphere.

Noah, or at least, what seemed to be his body, but also not, struggled to get up. He, or the body- looked around.

Noah carefully absorbed everything he can, recognised some of them. Mainly, Karm, who was using his elemental powers, and protecting some humans, elves, and dwarves. He could also see Erasil, as well protecting some people. He could see another dwarf, a High-Elf, a Vampire, a dragon that protected him, while unleashing it's dragon breathe towards a black figure, but-

Noah's focus was on Arteus. Arteus was in front of him, a few steps away. He was unleashing some kind of black, purple energy, that affected the black figure. He was bleeding through his mouth, and coughing blood. He was extremely pale, paler than usual, and looked like he would faint at any point now.

Noah tied to move, but he remembered he could not control his own body. However, the body opened it's mouth- "Reus.. Arteus.....
Stop! You're hurting yourself!" It was a weak but pleading voice, same as his.

Arteus turned around, and gave a smile filled with love - "Don't worry Noah. No matter what happens to me, it won't matter, but you.. You won't be with me anymore. I can't allow that.. just stay here quietly alright?"

Atreus moved over to Noah, and caressed his face, gently asking. Noah's vision became blurry, and he fell unconscious. Well, his body did.

Noah was still wondering what happened. He was too shocked to even form a word. His won consciousness was weakening, and he could barely think. His last thought being - "Why would you.. do that?'

His body in reality had already calmed down. He still had his high fever, and his mana was still being sucked out. But his breathing had calmed down. Amarille had came into the room to see a peacefully sleeping Noah, who locked much better.

"Looks he will be waking up soon! How exciting! I cannot wait to see you again Young master!"

————————————————————————
Words: 1007
I. Am. Sooooooo! Sorry!
I had school for the past 1 and a half week, and couldn't write any chapters! I'm really! Really! So Sorrryyyyy!
I'll only be able to post 2-3 chapters a week from now on! But!
Do not worry! For I, am going to complete this novel! (^ν^)
Thank you for reading!

 Sooooooo! Sorry! I had school for the past 1 and a half week, and couldn't write any chapters! I'm really! Really! So Sorrryyyyy! I'll only be able to post 2-3 chapters a week from now on! But!Do not worry! For I, am going to complete this novel!...

ARoseRRRSS.