Chapter 9 ~Spirit King~

At the Eagle Inn, with many complex magic spells cast over it, was our protagonist.

He was summoning a spirit. After finishing all of the steps needed, appeared the figure of a man. His clothes fluttered in the small breeze left behind by the massive amount of mana and spirit magic.
The man was floating above the summoning circle. He opened his eyelids to reveal beautiful green pupils. His hair and clothing as well was mainly green. His feet touched the ground making a small *tap* noise.

*clink*
Went the tassels hung on his waist belt. The tassels were of different colours, each symbolising the six elements - Earth, Water, Fire, Air, Flora and Space. [1]

His green eyes looked at Noah, glowing with excitement. Noah supported himself up from the ground as he looked at the spirit. As soon as he had summoned this spirit, came the system notification -
Congratulations! You have completed your quest - <Spirit summoning book>.
Your rewards have been granted - 50+ Levels/Spirit familiar/spirit summoning book

Would you like to request for another quest?

At the end, the system asked Noah if he would like another quest.
'Yes.'
Noah gave a short reply to the system, and continues staring at the spirit who was just as tall as him. The spirit smiled, and said nothing like he was waiting for him to say something. Noah thought of something to say, but could not muster up any words. He and the spirit with green eyes looked at each other for a few seconds, before being interrupted by Arteus.

Arteus narrowed his eyes at the spirit - 'Karm. He's still alive, it seems.'
He coughed to gain their attention. They both looked at him at the same time - "Noah, why don't you say hello to the spirit king? He's here to serve you after all~"
He said, obviously trying to irritate this spirit whom he revealed as the spirit king.
However, this spirit king named Karm, only smirked. He looked at Noah and fell to his knees, his right hand on his chest - "Greetings Master, may this humble servant gain the knowledge of why you've summoned me?"
For a spirit king, he was extremely polite, if not completely devoted towards Noah.

Noah raised his eyebrows in surprise. 'Is this really 'that' spirit king? He... wasn't this.. humble.'

In the game [Evergreen Land], the spirit kind was introduced as someone who was extremely haughty. He would never bow his head to anyone. Of course, he had the power to back up this haughtiness. Despite his completely rude attitude towars the players, he was considered as a must have comrade. He was titled 'Tsundere spirit kind' by the players.
If this spirit king named Kram ever got to know this, he would blow up everything he could see with his naked eye.

"Uh- right, Karm, you don't need to kneel down. Also, you're spirit king, you're not supposed to kneel down in the first place."
Noah told Karm as he lent his hand out to help Karm up. Arteus moved quickly and held Noah's hand that was stretched out, lending his own hand to. The corner of Karm's mouth twitched at this action, 'This guy... he's still as possessive as before. No, he's gotten worse now. He won't even let me touch Master Noah's hand.'
Kram ignored Arteus's hand, and stood up on his own. "Master Noah, what would you like this humble servant to do?"
Karm asked Noah with a devoted expression. Imaginary flowers were blooming all around him, showing his happiness to be in Noah's presence.

"Nothing. I just summoned you because of the quest. Sorr-"
"No!" Before Noah could finish, Karm screamed at the top of his lungs. He looked so scared, his healthy coloured skin turning almost as pale as Noah's. His expression looked like he was seeing the end of the world - "How could this humble one accept Master's apology!? That is blasphemy!!"

Noah's eyes widened in surprise, whereas Arteus looked at Karm with a disgusted look. 'Tch*, can't he tone that stupid voice of his a bit? It's so shrill, Noah's ears probably hurt.'
Arteus moved his hand, to lightly massage Noah's ears, but stopped just before he touched them. 'Right... how could I forget. I shouldn't touch them now, if I did... this guy would see it as well...'

He put his hand and was about to speak, when Noah started to - "Uh- okay. I'll not apologise, either way, don't... kneel down like that..."
"Yes! I won't!" Karm accepted what he thought was Noah's order, and shouted like a soldier going to war.

Silence once again filled the room for a while, before Karm started to speak again - "Master Noah, would you like me to change my form? To a human, or elf?"
"No, there's no need to. Why should you hide yourself?" Noah was confused. Karm smiled even more brightly,
'Master Noah still prefers to not hide his strength, doesn't he?'

"I understand!"
This joyous answer left Noah unable to say anything. 'Must I ask again, is this really the spirit king?'
To which, the system replied with one word - 《Yes.
Noah went into contemplation, and had noticed the small battle going on between Arteus and Karm. There sparks flying in between them, as they spoke with their gazes.

A - 'Useless creature, you aren't dead yet?'
K - 'Of course not! This great one will wait for his master for the rest for the his life, even at death's door!'
A - 'Tch. You haven't even chosen the new king?'
K - 'I have! Since my master is back, why would I worry about the spirit world!? All that matters is Master Noah!'
A - 'If Noah heard this he'd call you crazy and throw you out you know?'
K - 'Master Noah isn't someone who would do such a thing for something so normal. He'd at most chide at me for being irresponsible.'
A - 'And, you're fine with him chiding at you?'
K- 'N-no...'
A - 'See? Sigh~'

Their conversation went from Arteus trying to annoy Karm and Karm being a devoted little servant to Noah, to Arteus reminding him of his responsibilities, and how Noah would react.
It made you wonder if they truly were against each other. In the end, the both of them ended their fight, agreeing that all they need to do is protect Noah.
Or maybe Noah was just the reason why they got along? ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ

Noah, Arteus and our newly added team member - Karm, decided to go to the adventurers guild in order to register Karm. They would for, a party, and then go do a mission together.
Noah had suggested this in order to get along with Karm, so they could fight better in the future. Of course, he didn't know, even I'd he did not do this, it would be fine.

————————————————————————————
Today , I was planning on posting 2 chapters.
So, look forward to part 2 of 'Spirit king!'

[1] - there are six elements in this world. I've already mentioned all of them.
Earth, Water, Fire, Air, Flora, and Space.

Thank you for reading!

ARoseRRRSS