Chapter 5 ~Rank C~

Noah had been in this world for 10 days now.

He had so far completed 9 missions. 1 mission away from being promoted to Rank C.

The way to Rank up was to either complete a set number of missions, in this case of D -> C, 10 missions, or to complete a special mission given by the guild.
These special missions were created to make it easier for adventurers to rank up faster. You only had to do one, but they certainly weren't easy.

Noah in his room in the inn, was taking a bath. He had paid for a month instead, after a week had gone by.
Arteus was waiting outside, clenching his fists and biting his lips.

'Can't! Go! In! Do Not! Go In! Stay calm, hold ba-'

The door to the bathroom opened to reveal a Noah, completely clothed, with his hair wet and a towel in his hand.

Noah made his way to Arteus, while drying his hair with the soft, white towel in his hand.

Arteus looked up at Noah - 'Thank me("god"), he's fully clothed.'

He smiled happily - "Come here, let me help you."
He said, and moved inwards the bed, making space for Noah to sit down.
Noah gave the towel to Arteus, who started gently drying his hair.

Noah - "Today, I'll be doing a subjugation quest. Will you come with me?"
Arteus - "Sure. You'll be promoted to Rank C, right?"
Noah nodded in response - "I should also contact grandpa Sil."

Grandpa Sil is Erasil, the god who had sent Noah to this world.
On the second day, he had contacted Erasil, reporting to him of everything that had happened.
'I haven't contacted him since then, he must be lonely. He's an old man after all.
But, his reaction when I mentioned Arteus keeps bugging me. What was that all about?'

Noah remembered that strange reaction from Erasil, at the mention of Arteus.

Noah - "Grandpa Sil, I met a person named Arteus, who's the owner of the inn I'm staying at. He's also an adventurer, at SSS-rank.
            At first, he was a little cold, but the next time I saw him, he acted really close. I didn't mind though. Grandpa Sil, who do you think- ... Grandpa Sil?"

Erasil was currently quite. Noah had contacted him through the special ability - {God's contact}.

For a few minutes Erasil stayed quite, and only looked at Noah.
He did not respond no matter how much Noah called at him.

But, he soon started laughing. He laughed quite heartily, with happiness oozing out of him.
"I see! I see! Arteus! Noah, I'm sure you've already gotten along with this person! Make sure you continue to do so!
I'm sure you will be happy with him! Ho ho ho!"

After that short sentence, and laugh like Santa, the communication was cut off.
Noah was left shocked, that he hadn't noticed the way Erasil addressed himself.

...

But now, Noah had remembered - 'The way he addressed himself changed. Was he so happy to hear about Arteus, that he forgot how he used to call himself?'
It was a funny experience for Noah.
After Arteus finished drying Noah's hair, both of them left to the guild.

At the Guild, Noah once again went through the royal treatment, where everyone made way for him and Arteus.
He had already gotten used to this.
On the Mission Board - Noah chose a goblin subjugation quest, located in the 『Transmere Village』.
It was a C-Rank mission, from the head of the village.

After he chose this mission, he immediately went to the village with Arteus.
Along the way, he kept an eye out for a 'connecting' feeling.
This is so, he could find his familiars.
So far he had only come across Roe the (Fenrir) and Soo, the (Slime).
Arteus also knew about his familiars, and so kept an eye out for any kind of familiar magic, that resonates with Noah's.
Unfortunately, they did not come across any.