Thirty-Four

[|]

Because I was in a new place and was used to waking up early, I was up at five in the morning and ready for the day.  The house was still a bit dark even though I could see the sun setting a little bit in the dark blue sky.

Most importantly, I was comfy in the big bed with thick blankets over my body. For the first time in a long time, I was extra comfortable.

I sat up on the bed and stretched my arms. I rubbed my eyes and stared at the chandelier hanging from the living room ceiling. I immediately thought about Lucas and smiled.

"Lucas is such a nice guy," I said and smiled wider when an idea crossed my mind. "I need to do something to show my appreciation for letting me stay here. A simple thank you won't do. I know just what to do."

I got out of bed and ran into the bathroom where I brushed my teeth and washed my face. When I was through, I went downstairs quietly and paused when I saw Lucas sleeping soundly under my blanket.

I tiptoed over to him and held my breath when I saw how peaceful he looked while sleeping. The blanket was halfway on his tall body and I stopped myself from giggling. My blanket was too small for his body which left his right leg and upper body uncovered. His muscular arms were crossed tightly on his chest while he faced the inner part of the couch.

When he uncrossed his arms, his shirt slid up, giving me a view of his lower abs and the happy trail that stopped at the rim of his Calvin Klein boxers. I gulped and tried to look away but I couldn't. I was ogling a sleeping man like a creep; a beautiful sleeping man.

Lucas groaned and readjusted his sleeping position so he was laying on his side which caused him to fall to the floor with a loud thump. I jerked and covered my mouth so I wouldn't laugh.

He groaned and reluctantly sat up, rubbing his face.

"Good morning," I said and he snapped his head in my direction.

Lucas stared at me through hooded sleepy eyes as if he was confused before shaking his head. He ran his fingers through his hair and rose to his full height.

"Good morning," he said in a hoarse voice.

I tucked a lock of my hair behind my ear when he sat on the couch, still acting sleepy.

"You can lay on your bed now. I'm going to get ready to start the day," I said and he nodded and left instantly. I giggled and went to the kitchen.

When I saw he was laying on the bed, I began to search around for the food items he had. It took me ten minutes but I was able to find the things I needed. The next thing that took my time was finding the cooker which I ended up seeing as a rectangular black surface on top of the counter.

With a few videos online through my phone, I was able to operate it and cook breakfast.

An hour later, I was done and set the food on the counter with dining seats. As I poured some orange juice into my glass cup, Lucas made his way down the steps, hair slightly wet and in new outfits; a white shirt that hugged his strong upper body and denim pants.

"Good morning," he said and I chuckled.

"You already greeted me," I said.