Forty-Four

[|]

I marched into the house and dumped my bag angrily on the floor, getting Lucas' attention. He stared at me with shock on his face while I stood glaring at him.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked, standing up.

"You!" I pointed at him and he looked behind him. That angered me more, so I approached him. "I'm talking to you! What is wrong with you, Lucas?"

"I don't know what you're talking about, Jackie. Go straight to the point, I have things to attend to," he replied and was about to turn away from me but I stopped him by grabbing his wrist which I released when he glared at me.

"You need to make Andrea understand that I have no business with your relationship with her!"

"Relationship? What the fuck are you talking about?"

I scoffed. "Andrea met up with me today and was talking about your birthday this, your birthday that."

Lucas sighed. "She's been trying to get me to celebrate it ever since she saw my driver's license."

"Well, I don't like how she's trying to get me involved in this. I'm not one to ruin surprises or whatever but she said she wants to have a party here."

Lucas' eyes went wide in shock. He opened his mouth to speak but no words came out.

"Yeah, I could say that was my reaction to what she said. She wants to celebrate your birthday in this house. What are we going to do about it? We can't let her know I live with you. She already is suspicious of us and I don't want drama in my life. Yes, I should not have lied to her but I would be mad if a girl is living with her man."

"Listen, I am not interested in any of these. I've told her that she shouldn't do anything but she won't listen... I'm sorry if this is affecting you and to correct you, she isn't my girlfriend or whatever."

I felt a weight go off my chest as soon as I heard what he had said. I didn't know why I felt that way but I was kind of relaxed that Lucas wasn't really into her as I thought or from how Andrea bragged about their... type of relationship.

"Really? I mean, alright but what are we going to do about this party stuff," I said.

"Leave that to me."

I flinched at the new voice and turned around, as well as Lucas. Jared was at the door, smiling wide. He lifted his hand and wiggled his fingers at us.

"How long have you been standing there?"

Jared closed the door and walked over to us. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I immediately looked at Lucas who eyed his arm for a second and looked away. His jawline clenched and his eyelids drooped.

"What did you mean?" I asked and removed his hand from my shoulder.

"My friend here has been telling me a lot about this Andrea girl and she sounds like a bitch, no offense to anyone of you. She's clingy and materialistic, too materialistic. I tell Lucas that she's a gold digger."

"Go straight to the point," Lucas said as he walked away from us to the kitchen where he grabbed a bottle of Sprite from the fridge and faced us.