Thirty-Eight

Mature Scenes Up Ahead.

[|]

Lucas' POV

I fucking hated what I was doing and how I was suddenly behaving because of this girl. It was surprising how Jackie was making me do things I barely even did for anyone. First, I let her stay in my house. Secondly, I felt worried for a girl that wasn't my sister.

I remembered how I got home and saw she wasn't back yet. I had called her phone and she didn't answer. At first, I let it go but when worry became so deep, I decided to step outside the building to see if I could see her.

When I had seen Jackie, I felt relieved but another emotion took over when I saw that guy standing so close to her especially when I saw what she was wearing. The emotions in my chest were a burning feeling and followed by an uneasiness. Most of all, I didn't like him. Something about him made me unsettled but I didn't voice it out because Jackie needed the job.

Another thing that left me confused was how I was sitting with a gorgeous girl and thinking if Jackie had arrived home safely or if she didn't get lost. I barely listened to what Andrea had said as all I thought about was Jackie and going home to her. It felt very different and foreign.

Right now, on my living room couch, I was still thinking of the dark-haired woman laying on my bed a few feet away. She left me feeling restless and it angered me. Jackie should be like every other girl but she wasn't and I don't know why.

"Get yourself together," I whispered and sat up on the couch. I rested my elbows on my knees and rubbed my face. "Why can't I stop thinking about her for fuck sake?"

I leaned back on the couch and sighed then stared at the dark corners before me. I had to flush this girl out of my mind because it was becoming maddening.

"I know what to do," I said and picked up my phone from the coffee table close by. I unlocked the device and searched for Andrea's phone number. I typed out a message and hit send without hesitating. I wasn't expecting her to read my message until later today since it was almost three in the morning.

As I lay down on the couch, my phone vibrated and I brought it to my face. I was surprised she was awake but I suspected it had to do with her being a medical student.

Andrea: Sure, we can hang out later today.

I smirked. She was just like every other girl— too easy to get. I typed back and hit send.

Me: Pick a place, gorgeous.

Some seconds later, Andrea replied.

Andrea: I know a nice restaurant that has a hotel. We might have some fun after.

I smirked wider as I loved how she easily gave herself to me. She was just the type I wanted to use to get Jackie out of my mind because any woman that I knew always ended up in my bed. I suppose that was why I was thinking about her so much and by the time I have my way with Andrea, she should be long gone.

[|]

I woke up to the smell of toasted bread and bacon which watered my mouth. I opened my eyes and looked around before shifting my gaze to the kitchen. I saw Jackie's back and sat up. I rubbed my eyes and got up.