Sixty-Nine

[|]

Lucas' POV

After I had told Jackie to go stay in the car, I convinced myself that what I was doing, I would not regret it. So, I ran after Axel who was about to stop a taxi. I stopped running and then walked up to him. I saw him flinch when I came into his line of vision and he dropped his hand before looking at me from the corner of his eyes.

"Can we talk?" I asked and he turned his body, facing me.

Axel had a straight face on, not showing any signs of emotions which was difficult for me because I couldn't tell if he was ready to talk to me or not.

"What is it?" He asked and I ran my fingers through my hair, feeling stressed.

"Can we both let our past go? I know it'll be hard to but I'm tired of what's going on between us. We might not be fully related but after what happened and finding out the truth, I realized there is no need for me to harbor so much negative energy inside of me," I said and Axel rolled his eyes.

"Did Jackie tell you to do this? Because I know she's capable of making you come to me to say what you're saying," Axel said, voice clipped.

I had to clench my fists because I was not in the mood to argue with him about anything. All I wanted was a peaceful life, especially now that I was in a serious relationship with Jackie.

"Listen, I don't know if you already know but Jackie and I are together," I said and a wave of shock crossed his face.

"You and Jackie are in a relationship?"

I knew he had a thing for her since high school but I did not know if he was still interested in her. I had to make that clear to him if he still had some type of feelings for my woman.

"Yes, we are and you should probably kill any feelings you still have for her."

Axel frowned and rolled his eyes. A smile adorned his face after a few seconds then he shook his head.

"I no longer have feelings for Jackie. I did a few months ago but I realized that both of us aren't compatible. Besides, I saw that you two had something going on even if it wasn't obvious yet. Also..." Axel paused to scratch the back of his head and to swallow hard, his Adam apple bobbing up and down.

"What?"

Axel smiled. "I'm already in a relationship. I've been together with them for six months now and they make me happy."

"Who is she?" I asked, smirking.

"They," he said and I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"I don't understand."

"Their pronouns are they and them," Axel explained and I opened my mouth in realization.

I felt different about what he had just said I had to think deep, wondering what his sexuality was. Axel and I were never close, so it would be hard for me to ask such personal questions relating to his sexuality and love life.

"I know we aren't that close and it bothers me too. I get the look on your face and I do the same too. Lucas, I am also tired of what's going on between us. I hate that the one woman we both care about is a mutual friend which makes it hard for her to flow with us. I know we have a lot to say to each other and things to get over but it's not going to take a single conversation to do so," Axel said, making me nod my head in understanding.