CHAPTER 1

She looked on baffled as the older man freely asked her to take his son's number. Was he being serious? It was more to her horror when the gentleman just stared blankly at her, with a slight disappointment evident in his eyes. Eyes? She read his eyes! Well it was not her ,fault she found it relieving that the young man was her type ,of sorts.

"You two should get to know each other now that we are one big family" Yasmeen looked back at him and then at her father who wasn't for a moment in the world of shock she was in. He knew all along, she thought. Hiding her exasperation with a fake smile she moved closer to the guy the older man addressed as Abdu. He didn't say a word or move to attend to the task at hand. She widened her eyes in question, but he just looked on. Her eyebrows furrowed and she looked around to find everyone else was busy settling in the Jeep paying no attention to them.

"Your number....." She began and he cut her off, stretching his hand out to her and gesturing at the phone in her hand raising one eyebrow. It caught eyes, she almost gasped.

She didn't move to give him the phone as she was lost in his eyes. She scolded herself for being so silly when he took the phone from her hand. She refused to raise her head from that moment.

That night she cringed at the thought of the earlier happenings. She thought of it at the sight of the clothes and jewelry she wore. She quickly discarded them in the hamper and her jewelry in a box in which she kept her old precious things.
It was a relief getting rid of the things that reminded her of him. Sighing she went in the bathroom to shower and retire for the night.

She came out of the bathroom clad in a plan pink towel. She sat in front of the dresser and rubbed on some night lotion. The mirror reminded her of how Baby made goofy faces taking pictures through the mirror, she let out a small laugh at the thought. She glanced slightly to the left and ......there it was! Her phone. She could get rid of her clothes and jewelry and never have to see them again if she liked, but her phone? How could she get rid of the main object of her embarrassment. Face in pillow, she screamed and frowned to sleep. Damn him!