♡ 41

CHAPTER 41

"Why are you acting so weird?" Taehyung poked my cheek and squinted his eyes as if he were trying to determine if I'd been replaced by an alien or robot.

"I'm not!" I snorted.

"You're definitely acting weird," Jimin gave me a side eye and sipped his coffee. "You're smiling at...literally nothing."

"Why are you even here?"

"I invited him," Taehyung interjected. "Plus, he's your brother, does he really need permission to join you at the office?"

"I suppose not," I sighed. "But if you are going to spend the entire time teasing me, I'd prefer it if neither of you came along."

Jimin wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "I just wanted to come see how things are going before the show next week. Taehyung told me this was my last chance to be nosy before you all fly out."

"You couldn't wait until next week?" I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"What's the point of being a 'Park' if I can't see the designs before the general public?"

I ignored the two men's random banter as I continued towards the studio with them in tow. I opened the doors and four heads turned right to me. Anais, Hoseok, Jungkook, and Mateo. Their show pieces were already packed up in garment bags for the most part. This final check in was more of a display of camaraderie to help relax them. We only needed to discuss a few travel details.

"Oh no!" Jimin whined. "They already put away their pieces! Do you think they'll let me look inside, anyways?" He ran off towards the designers before I could stop him.

"When did he get so excited about fashion?" I turned to Taehyung.

"Hmm." He brought a hand to his mouth. "I think he's just trying to be a good brother. You know you practically fell off the face of the earth these past couple of months."

"Yeah," I sucked in a deep breath. "I was buried in my work, but I've recently realized it's important to have balance."

"Oh?" Taehyung smirked. "I think I have an idea of why. And why you're all smiles and laughter this morning." I followed the direction of his eyes to...Jungkook.

I opened my mouth to argue, but he was already walking away towards the group. Taehyung's perceptiveness was scary. Thankfully, he didn't seem too fixated on pressing me further.

"Y/N!" Hoseok called out to me as I approached.

"Good morning, everyone." I gave a small bow. "Thank you all for putting in so much effort for this showcase- I know you will do a wonderful job."

Hoseok began to hand out the folders we had prepared earlier in the week. "We fly out tomorrow morning. The flight information as well as the reservation for your lodging and the itinerary for the event are inside."

"Thank you," Anais spoke up. "I'm going to head out first. I have a few last-minute things to take care of here in Korea before I return home."

"Me too," Mateo added. "I'll be heading back to Spain right after the show, so I need to make my arrangements."

Taehyung spoke up as the two designers took their leave. "What about you, Jungkook? Going back to Japan after this?"

I braced myself, unsure of just how much Jungkook was going to disclose. "I'll actually be returning to live in Korea," he explained.

"What?" Jimin gasped. "That's great! If you need a place to stay while you get things worked out, you are welcome to stay with me at my apartment."

"I don't think he's going to have a problem with that, Jimin," Taehyung snickered.

"Huh?" Jimin tilted his head and scrunched his brows together. I shot Taehyung a threatening glare. I'll end you, Kim Taehyung.

"Oh, yeah," Jungkook chuckled awkwardly. "Thank you for the offer, but I've already got plans...I think."

To be fair, Jungkook and I hadn't really discussed the logistics of things, beyond him returning to Korea. Of course, he could stay with me, but did he want that to be a permanent thing? Did I? When I thought back to how it felt to sleep next to him, to wake up and see his face...it was heaven. Going back to my apartment alone after all that sounded like hell. I just wasn't certain how he felt about it. Would he think it was too rushed? We'd loved each other for some time now, but much of it was spent apart. I didn't want to be apart anymore.

"Well, if you want to," I mumbled. "Go through with those plans...that is." I knew Hoseok, Jimin, and Taehyung were all staring at me, but I brushed it aside.

"Should the three of us go?" Taehyung broke out into a fit of laughter.

I rubbed my temples and let out a deep breath. "Look," I turned to the three men. "Jungkook and I-"

"I love her," Jungkook jumped in.

"Duh," Taehyung rolled his eyes.

"It's obvious," Hoseok nodded in response.

"YOU FINALLY TOLD HER?" Jimin screeched.

What? "Jimin knew...before me?" I looked over to Jungkook with widened eyes, before turning my attention back to my brother. "And you- you didn't say anything to me?"

"Technically," Jimin held up his finger. "He told us at the same time- you were just too drunk to remember."

I slapped my hand over my mouth. "What is happening right now?"

"You were about to tell us about your relationship with Jungkook that we all already know about," Taehyung shrugged. "Then, I presume, you meant to explain that Jungkook could just stay with you."

"I- um, yes." I bit my lip and met Jungkook's eyes. "You can stay with me...for however long you'd like to."

"Jimin, are you crying?" Taehyung ruffled his hair.

"NO!"

"He's so sensitive," Hoseok giggled.

As the three of them bickered back and forth I took the opportunity to drag Jungkook away from the chaos so that we could speak more privately. "I'm so sorry," I mouthed.

"Did you mean what you said?" he took my hand in his.

"Yes, I meant it," I spoke confidently. "Maybe it seems too fast but nothing about our situation has ever been traditional. I just want to be close to you..."

Jungkook pulled me into a tight hug. "Y/N, I feel the same way." He released his grip on me and flashed a bright smile. "Plus, I don't know think I'd ever be able to sleep again if it's not at your side."