CHAPTER ONE - Macarons and Mischief

"You're The New Girl, Right?"

Word Count: 1533

My alarm blared, screaming at this ungodly hour. I opened my eyes, squinting blindly at the pixelated red numbers.

Shit. I'm so late.

I threw my pillow over my head to block out the sound. The ringing stopped when I messily grabbed at the clock. I sat up and my pillow unceremoniously fell to the floor.

Great. I love mornings.

I slipped on an outfit and studied myself in the mirror. My s/c skin glowed under a white corset, fluffy pink cardigan and a white miniskirt. I hung a few gold necklaces around my neck and slipped a few rings on, checked myself out and ran out of my room. 

Perfect.

I chugged two smoothies, stuffed a bagel with cream cheese in my mouth, and slid into the backseat of my limo.

 ~ A few minutes later ~

Fuck. Late, late, late! On the first day too..

I opened the door of the classroom and glanced around. A few people turned around in their seats to stare. I made eye contact with a blond boy sitting in one of the front rows. His green eyes widened when he realized he's staring and he looked away nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.

He's kinda cute.

"Sorry I'm late," I blurted. I looked at Miss Bustier, frozen in the middle of her lesson.

"It's okay. Glad you could make it. You can sit next to Marinette," she replied, gesturing at a girl in the second row.

I sat next to her. She's an adorable girl with large blue eyes and darker blue hair. Marinette smiled meekly and waved quickly at me. Marinette turned back to Mrs. Bustier's lesson, which continued after introducing me to the class. Alya, a slightly curvy girl with fiery hair and glasses, welcomed me before going back to talking to Marinette.

The boy kept looking at me.

Yup. I definitely have something on my face.

After class, I waited on the school steps, the only part where the rain didn't touch. I stared into the rain.

Where's my driver?

I glanced at my phone, scrolling through the messages.

Fuck. I gave him the wrong time to pick me up. Why did it have to be my first day to have this shit happen?

I reached a hand out of my cover from under the school roof, catching some rain on my fingertips.

How am I going to walk home in this?

"Hey. You're the new girl, right?" A voice asked softly from behind me.

The blonde boy walked in front of me, opening his umbrella. A few stray raindrops fell off the edge of the umbrella, straying in front of his face. He looked back over his shoulder.

"Yeah," I looked up at him. "How long have you been here?"

"I've never been to school before," He confessed, his eyes darkening. "I've never had friends. It's all sort of... new to me too." He shrugged and turned, holding the umbrella over me. His eyes look over me, falling to my lips.

He says my name, but it sounds like a question.

"Mhm," I hesitated and reached out slowly. Our fingers touched as he handed over the umbrella. His fingers linger before lifting off mine. "What's yours?"

"Adrien." The corners of his mouth curved slightly in a slight smile. He watched as a limousine pulled up, starting to walk. "See you tomorrow."

"Sure, Adrien! See you tomorrow." I said. I watched the car spin its wheels and spray water before driving away.