CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - False Hope

"If you wanted to fuck me you could've said so."

Word count: 1542

"I got you." I swung an arm around his waist, pulling his limp arm over my shoulder. Chat sunk into me, holding me like a lifeline.

I whispered encouragement, taking more of his weight. He tilted his head away from me, blushing lightly.

"What now?" He shivered.

"Now?" I pretended to think. "Now I'm going to kill her."

"N-no. Don't—" His voice cut off as he passed out again. I caught him, shaking him awake.

I searched his eyes frantically, slapping his cheeks. "Don't go. Be strong for me, ok? I need you to stay awake a little longer."

"Yes. Stay-stay strong. For... you," Chat said breathlessly as he shakily drew himself to his full height, his eyes slightly glazed over.

"I need to find a new room. Just hold on for a minute." I swiveled, slowly leading him out of the kitchen.

"Wh-What's wrong with the old room?" He panted, trying to distract himself from the numbness still plaguing his body. "The one we were in."

I winced, taking the opportunity to wipe my nose. "It exploded."

"How—?"

"I used the Lucky Charm. Long story."

Chat stopped suddenly, pointing down the hall. He covered his mouth to hide a cough. "There."

I muttered a quick thanks, maneuvering us around remains of broken objects. I set him down inside the room. Dust rose. A little desolate space, abandoned by anything other than antiques.

"I can't... can't g-get warm," He chattered, his teeth rattling.

I feel his face as his eyes roll back. He blinks, conscious again. "Shit."

"I can't feel my face," Chat blurted quietly, his face pale. He started hyperventilating.

"What do you mean?"

Shit. Hypothermia.

"I-I can't feel anything." He said louder, his eyes wide with fear.

"You're going to be fine," I reassured him, cupping his face in my hands. "Look at me–"

"I can't move my legs. I can't move my legs!" Chat exclaimed, his tone panicky. His eyes were wild as his chest heaved with his hurried breathing.

I clamped my hands over his lips hastily, trying to muffle the sound. "You have to be quiet. Please. She's going to hear you!" I hissed at a loud whisper.

His voice still rang through my fingers as he thrashed under my grasp. The bell on his collar shook with his breathing, echoing against the spare walls.

He's too scared. He can't hear me right now. I don't have any options. Any option but one.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled quietly. "Forgive me."

"For what—?" He asks before I cut him off.

I slid my hands to cup his face and kissed him deeply. His eyelashes flutter in surprise against my closed eyelids. His lips are cool and slack in shock. Finally, Chat reciprocates, melting into the kiss. Blood trickles into both our mouths. I guide his hands to my lower back, letting him caress the leather gently. Pure desire controls us, threaded with lust.

It's just to keep him warm... Liar.

Our bodies fit together, each curve melting into the other. I roll my body against his, writhing desperately as desire overtakes us. At this moment, he is mine and I am his. His fingers are slightly more thawed, which he happily uses to his advantage. I break from him for air, blinking in surprise. His eyes open hesitantly like he's waking from a dream.