CHAPTER THREE - Bottled Feelings

"Why Is She In My Head?"

Word count: 269

Adrien's POV

Chat Noir stared after the masked stranger, watching her bound over the rooftops and out of sight. He frowned, shaking his head.

"I let her go, Plagg! How could I have been so stupid?" He sighed, detransforming.

"She said she wasn't here to destroy Paris," the tiny cat kwami flew out of his jacket, curled around a wedge of camembert.

"I don't know. What if she was lying?" Adrien groaned, looking at Plagg.

"She didn't act like she was akumatized," Plagg gurgled through a mouthful of cheese, crumbs falling out of his mouth. He wiped his mouth. "Honestly, Adrien, I don't see why it matters—"

"If it doesn't matter, why is she in my head?" Adrien sighed, his voice getting quieter. He sank to sit on the rooftop, giving Plagg another wedge of cheese.

"Oooh," Plagg teased, taking the cheese and flying around his head. "Sounds like someone's in lo-ove."

"N-no," Adrien stuttered, blushing. He coughed to clear his throat. He rubbed the back of his neck, looking away. "I like Ladybug, remember?"

Plagg gulped up the cheese, starting to dance in excitement.

"What about the new girl?" Plagg asked. "I saw how you looked at her. Maybe differently than Ladybug."

"I don't know. I can't deny what I feel. It's something about her. And her eyes..." he trailed off, holding his head in his hands. His voice whispered rawly. "Shit. She's got me wrapped around her finger in one day."

Adrien got to his feet, staring at the slow traffic. Stars illuminated his green eyes.

"Whatever. I'm talking crazy." He politely waited for the kwami to finish eating his cheese. "Come on, Plagg. Let's go home. Claws out!"