CHAPTER NINETEEN - Darkness Consumes

"You want it? Come and get it."

Word Count: 946

The wind whistles in my ears, stealing strands of my hair from its usual ponytail. My hair carelessly frames my face, blowing to lightly tickle the cheeks stained pink by cold. I sit at the edge of the building, my legs dangling in the air as I survey the sleepless city below.

I hear him before I see him.

And smell his subtle cologne. Minty and fresh, with a hint of something sweeter.

Strawberries. Always strawberries.

"You're late," I pointed out, turning to face Chat as he crept up from behind me. He lowers into a sitting position, looking unruly as ever. Messy hair. Wild eyes.

"I promise you'll like what I have to offer you." His tone begs the question.

I tilt my head, glancing at him. "Oh? And what's that?"

"An invitation." A sealed envelope is clutched between his clawed fingers.

"To?" I narrow my eyes, swinging my knee onto the rooftop to lean in.

His smirk matches the one spreading across my lips as he rose to his feet. "I'm just the messenger. That's for me to know and you to find out."

"Chat." My expression is stony as he helps me to my feet.

"M'lady, you knew you couldn't win that easily." He raises the envelope over my head playfully.

He stretches, drawing my attention to how the leather glides across his skin, tightening with the flexing of his toned body. He maintains eye contact, his glowing green eyes alight with a childish glimmer. He lowers the envelope ever so slightly, waving it just out of my reach. "You want it? Come and get it."

I reach up tentatively, my fingers wrapping around only air. His smile only widened as I let out an exasperated sigh and folded my arms across my chest. Try as I might, he had the advantage of height.

"You're going to have to try harder than that." His usually endearing lopsided smile is insufferable.

One moment, I was raising myself by my tippy toes and the next... falling. My mind raced with utter panic, clouding all reasoning. I closed my eyes to brace myself for the hard pavement—

But it never came.

My eyes fluttered as I tentatively opened one eye. I felt claws dig into my suit, bruising the skin underneath. His tail curled protectively around the soft skin of my thigh. His back is pressed to the pavement of the rooftop, the rapid rising of his chest pressing his body to mine as his arms wrap around my waist. My heart raced, a pounding in my head drowning out all rational thought.

My forearms are placed around his head, caging his body between mine and the hard surface of the ground. My knees rest on either side of his legs, completely pinning him. Accidentally. His heaving lips are painted a red as he wets them nervously, his fangs dragging over the bottom corner of his mouth. Stuck in a trance, I brush a stray strand of blonde hair from his dusty face.

He looks so... pretty.

The full moon casts a honeyed glow in the dark night sky, its subtle light painting his enamored face in soft shades of yellow. It suits him, his green eyes illuminated in its glow. His eyes lower to my lips and the rough material of his suit moves against my bottom lip as he slides a finger over my lips gently.

Our faces are inches apart. We're frozen at this moment, unable to tear ourselves away from each other. With the time that passes, I consider giving in to this desire that suffocates me when I'm in his presence. That clouds my brain, taking my voice and choices.

He inhales a shaky breath as my chest presses against his. I see the raw desire reflected in his eyes. There's so little between us and I can feel his heart. How it beats for me. To make a choice. To succumb to my temptations. And just this once... I forget my responsibility. For just this once, I let myself be a teenage girl.

It's of my own choice. No excuses. No akumas. Just us and the emotion we share for each other. No matter the mess a young love can wreak.

I close my eyes, and kiss him. His tongue slides between my parted lips, tangling with mine in a slow dance of desire. His scent fills my nose, numbing my senses. I press my lips harshly against his, taking control of the kiss. I lower myself fully onto him, earning a soft groan as his fingers trace my back and lower again to my waist. I grind against him needily, rolling my hips for friction. His eyes open and roll back, his mouth growing slack as a small moan of surprise leaves the back of his throat. He lets out a soft huff of frustration when my mouth lifts off of his, his hand smoothing down the rouge hair escaping my ponytail. I rise to my feet and stand over him, my hands hidden behind my back as I look down with a sly smirk.

He looks up at me while propped up on his elbows, his widened eyes questioning me.

His hands are empty.

"Looking for this?" The envelope is safely in the clutches of my clawed fingers. He lets out a soft gasp, impressed at my trickery. My lowered voice is thick with a husk, rivaling only the sensuality of a cat's purr. "Don't watch the eyes, chaton. Watch the hands."

With those cryptic words, I placed the envelope between my teeth carefully with a wink. The darkness consumed my disappearing form, leaving a certain blonde breathless.