CHAPTER FIVE - Flirting in the Dark

"I Don't Want to Stop Touching You"

Word Count: 1590

"Trixx, let's pounce!" I yelled, transforming. I took one last look at myself in the mirror and leaped onto my balcony. I jumped down, running in the rain soaked streets.

The screams came from the park.

I ran into the park and witnessed chaos. A woman wearing a purple dress with striped hair glared. Her icy purple eyes flash from underneath a black mask with lightning design. She brandished an umbrella in her white gloved hands.

"Hey, Ice Queen!" Chat Noir calls, in a crouching position on top of a fence. He smiles cheekily down at her. "What's with the terrorizing? Why don't you pick on someone your own temperature?"

"My name is not Ice Queen. It's Stormy Weather!" She yells back, her face flushing angrily.

"Listen, I'm feline—" Chat slides down, holding the fence. His free hand swings his tail. "—more generous today. So cool down and we'll call it quits, kay?"

Stormy Weather rolled her eyes, using her umbrella to blast him with a gust of wind. Hit by the wind, I skidded backwards and landed in a pose. I breathed heavily, my body humming with adrenaline.

Is that screaming?

Chat Noir's flailing body crashed on top of me. He pinned me to the ground, winking.

"Hi," he breathed, grinning widely.

"Hi," I repeated sarcastically, pushing him off me.

"I thought cats always land on their feet," Ladybug quipped, running out from behind a car. She offered Chat her hand. He takes her hand, brushing himself off.

"I had it covered. Who's this superhero friend of yours?" Chat Noir asked Ladybug, not looking at me. "No offense, but I thought I was the only one."

"Chat Noir, I'd like you to meet uh–" Ladybug finally noticed me. "Wait–I don't have any. Who are you?"

"Uh—" I racked my brain, searching for an answer. "Rena Rouge! Yeah, my name is Rena Rouge."

"Well sneaky fox, think you'll be as sneaky as a cat?" Chat smirked, looking at me from half-lidded eyes.

"I don't know, should we take bets?" I retorted sarcastically, reaching out to ring the bell on his collar. Ladybug looks between the two of us, her eyes narrowing slightly.

Is that jealousy I smell?

"Your 'friend' seems pretty good," Chat chimed in brightly. "Welcome to our team. If you need any tips, you know where to come."

I tilted my head, leaning back slightly to tease him. "Really? You'll give me Ladybug's phone number?"

Ladybug giggled, covering her mouth with her fingers to smother her laugh.

"I have a feeling working with you will be a lot of fun," he murmured, his voice lowering.

"Later. There's no time right now," I turned back to the villain approaching us. "We have to beat this bitch first."

Stormy Weather raised her umbrella, creating a mass of clouds and lightning that blocked sunlight. A lightning bolt fell for Chat. I tackled him, and we rolled, our limbs winding together. Chat landed on top again, immediately giving me a shit-eating grin. I turned his head with a finger and he rose off of me, turning to Stormy Weather.

"You just won yourself a cat fight," Chat spat out angrily, sprinting at Stormy Weather.

"Black ice," she yelled back, creating a sheet of ice and wind.