CHAPTER FOUR - A Deal with the Devil

"I Couldn't Resist Talking To A Beautiful Girl."

Word Count: 1304

Sunlight shone through the window into my eyes. I slipped on a white button down with artistically baggy sleeves, a pink sweater vest and a pleated miniskirt. I clipped in some gold dangly earrings and necklaces, topping the look off with white fishnet tights and matching knee-high boots.

Why am I always late to everything?

I started my coffee and stuffed my face with toast while I waited. When it finished, I poured it into a mug, packing some macaroons in my purse for Trixx. I chugged it in the car, eating some chocolate covered strawberries. I turned my phone camera on to fix my hair.

In my purse, Trixx started to whine about how hungry she was. I snuck her a macaroon and zipped my purse up.

"Can you stay quiet?" I whispered into the bag, scooping random packs of gum aside to see Trixx.

"Sure! You got it!" Trixx whispered back, finishing her cookie.

I ran down the halls, trying to get to my locker and unload before class. I closed my locker, swung the purse with Trixx in it over my shoulder and saw Adrien.

Why does he look so scared? He's—-

"Adrikins!" An annoyingly high voice squeaked. A blonde girl with sunglasses in her hair wrapped herself around Adrien, squealing. She batted her blue eyes at him as he tried to squirm out of her tight embrace.

'Help me,' he mouthed desperately at me. His eyes widened and he stiffened uncomfortably.

'Sorry, you're on your own,' I mouthed back with a smirk, spreading my hands apart in mock surrender.

"Uh, Chloe?" Adrien asked nervously, brushing her advances off. "We have to get to class."

I walked past the 'happy' couple, Adrien breaking apart from Chloe and following me. Immediately after he left, Chloe turned on a mousy redhead named Sabrina, berating her about something. Sabrina looked like she might cry. Adrien brushed hands with me, leaning down to whisper in my ear.

"Thanks for helping me out," he said sarcastically.

"You had it covered," I replied playfully. Adrien hummed dryly, passing in front of me. Chloe looked between the two of us, her eyes narrowing.

Great. I got Dollar Store Barbie jealous. 

I sit by Marinette. Alya looks around Marinette, smiling at me. She grins, noticing how Marinette is drooling over Adrien. Adrien is focused and unaware of us, seemingly taking a lot of notes about the lesson.

"She's a little... boy crazy," Alya explained, nudging and pointing jokingly at Marinette. Marinette squeaks embarrassedly at being caught, blushing red. When Marinette started protesting in stutters, I tuned out their conversation and focused on Adrien.

What is he writing?

Adrien stopped writing, tears the paper and folds it. He fake stretched and winked at me, handing me the note.

His neat handwriting spelled out an invitation:

I have a photoshoot tomorrow. I have to tell any guests I bring in advance. Want to come? It would be a lot less boring with you there.

Alya stops arguing with Marinette to look over at me.

"Oh my god. Did Adrien just give you a note?" She whisper-shouted excitedly. "What does it say?"

"It's an invitation to one of his photoshoots!" I whispered back.

"Well, write back!" Alya prompts, gesturing wildly. Marinette nods vigorously.