30. Kalki

Max wasn't going to enjoy the flight one bit, but Kalki was secretly looking forward to it. Yuki and Pierre were fun people to be around. She'd known Pierre for a while, she looked forward to getting to know him and Yuki better.

Max grumbled and huffed through the whole of their check in and security process, at one point she was very close to lashing out at him. But she held it together, he wasn't exactly having the best time right now. What he needed, was for people around him to be patient.

"There they are! Come on! The car's already here." Pierre beamed at them.

"He does know that they're waiting for us. No one's going anywhere right?" Max scoffed.

"He's just excited don't be rude!" She frowned at him.

She greeted Yuki and Pierre, both of them seemed very enthusiastic. Kalki asked about Checo, who was sleeping on the armchair. Everyone's laughs startled him, the group headed off to the aircraft.

This time around Kalki didn't get too overwhelmed, but she knew this was a luxury that was going to take a while to get used to. The filming crew was already onboard and had set up their cameras, the director gave them all instructions on who was supposed to sit where.

Kalki was more than glad to be sent off to the back of the aircraft, where she could relax or sleep for the next seven hours. She decided to call up Anika, it had been a while since she had heard from her sister.

"What happened?" She heard the panic in Anika's voice.

"Can't I call you just like that? Because I'm bored and miss you."

"Lies. What did you do now?"

"I did nothing! I wanted to know how you're doing."

"Im good! Tokyo in fall is beautiful." She could hear the smile in Anika's voice.

"Don't get too distracted okay? Do your job well and then you can spend the remaining of your time frolicking around or whatever."

"Yes ma'am. But the last time I checked you stopped managing me." She huffed.

"Ani! Are you seriously going to bring that up again?"

"I'll bring it up whenever I want. I can't believe you'd just throw me aside and strike a deal with the devil for a couple of bucks."

Kalki knew she was being dramatic, but that's the thing about Anika. She didn't realise that sometimes her words stung, they even hurt the brazen Kalki. In fact she was the only one who could. Anika had been her only companion for a very long time, that was until she met Razia and May in university. But Kalki always had a soft spot for her sister, from being her first legitimate client to being her model with the most successful portfolio, she meant the world to her.

"You're being unfair to me Anika. You know it was a choice I had to make to keep my career alive."

"Is that a crack in your voice? NO NO NO don't cry! I love you very much I was just teasing you." Anika tried to console her sister.

"It's such a shame we're going to be so close but probably won't even have the time to meet each other." She sighed.

"If you find the time please come to one of my shows. I've emailed you an invite. I'd like to see you in the crowd."

"Of course. If I can I'm definitely coming!"

"I have to go for now, bye bye!"

"Bye! Take care of yourself, don't get nervous, don't stress!" She ended the call.

Kalki walked to the front, she heard a lot of laughter. To her surprise, Max seemed to be having a good time. He was smiling and laughing, cracking a few jokes every now and then that made everyone else laugh too.