Bonus Chapter

A/N: okay so based off of how badly I disappointed a lot of you 😭 and the sweet comments you guys left me on what you wanted to see I came up with something! I hope you like it! Once again thank you so much for reading this far!

***

"Everything on the schedule is taken care of." Kalki sighed. She took a big stretch in her chair and moved away from the desk.

She looked at Max who was sprawled on the floor with Neel, both of them decided to play their video games in her office space so that she wouldn't be lonely. Even though she told them it would be much better if they left her alone, she'd be able to work in peace.

"Cool! Now can we all play a game?" Neel asked.

"I just spent hours staring at a screen I don't want to do that anymore." Kalki whined.

"Okay! Okay don't upset her, let's do what you want to do." Max said, smiling before placing a kiss on her forehead.

"I'm hungry and tired. Let's all just sit in silence and eat." She hugged Max.

"Jeez it's only been a year and you guys already act like an old couple." Neel pretended to gag.

"Please leave! I've been begging both of you to leave but you won't leave me alone! Leave my house and let me be in peace." She shooed Neel.

It had been just a little over a year since Kalki had started her own agency with her friends, whatever had happened did indeed happen for the best. Working with the Idols for the magazine cover was her welcome back to the fashion industry. There was never time to sit down and relax, Kalki, May and Razia were always working on something new now.

The agency was doing well enough for Kalki to move out into her own space, which was a relief for her parents. As much as they loved having their kids around, Kalki was always working late into the night and making or receiving phone calls at random hours of the day which made it difficult for everyone to sleep. Sleep disruption was slowly causing everyone to dislike each other.

"Should I be going away to?" Max looked at her with sad eyes.

"You can stay. It's Neel that's being annoying."

"I have ears. I can hear." He rolled his eyes.

"Leave already!" Kalki yelled.

Neel said goodbye to Max and left, he had only come out to hang out with Max who didn't seem to leave his girlfriend's side during the weekdays because he was busy almost every weekend.

"Let's make your favourite food." Max said, "I'll start prep you freshen up."

"Okay." She smiled.

As she walked to her bedroom, there was a thought in her mind she couldn't quite seem to get out of her head. She thought of Max, how kind he was, how patient he was and the lengths he went to just to make sure she felt comfortable. Was this true love?

As she changed into something more comfortable she still thought about him, how much effort he made to be there for her, they were both busy but he did everything he could to make sure they get to see each other often. Visit her at home, on set or convince her to accompany him to a race. This was true love. Her worries did melt around him, when she was with him it did feel like he was the only person that mattered to her.

"Max?" She entered the kitchen.

"Hmm?" He looked at her. He was grinding poppy seeds. The sight of which made Kalki beam from ear to ear.

"Aloo Posto?" She exclaimed.

"Yeah! I've not quite mastered the recipe but with the help of YouTube and your parents I'm sure I can make it." He grinned.

Without saying a word Kalki hugged him, he gave her a peck on the cheek and got back to work. She still held onto him, he didn't seem to mind.

"I love you. A lot." She looked at him.

"What-" He looked surprised. "I mean yes. I love you too. A lot. Like I can't put it into words."

"Max... I can't thank you enough for putting up with me even when I was so horrible to you."

"I was not nice to you either. And I'm still sorry about it."

"It's okay. I didn't make it easy for you to be kind to me. And you still chose to be kind and vulnerable with me. You're beautiful in every sense a person can be." She kissed him.

"There's so much I want to tell you and I'm so glad I can hold you in my arms as I tell you." She continued.

My resentment for you as a teenager was childish. An additional reason I didn't like you was that you were Neel's friend. I envied how quick you picked up new things, I didn't realise it was so much hard work you put in day and night. I hated you for being as talented and gritty you truly are.

My bitterness ate me inside and I thought you took away everything from me the minute you started progressing past Karting and I was still stuck there. It was easier to pretend like you didn't exist rather to acknowledge how well you were doing.

Even if I didn't mean to, I carried that jealousy into my adulthood. Including when I started working for Raymond. In fact it made it worse, I felt like I was watching you live my dreams from the sidelines. But the more vulnerable you became, the more I realised who you truly are. How much pain and suffering you were carrying with you. Seeing you cry terrified me, it made me see you again as the young boy I shared a rivalry with, I couldn't help you even if I wanted to and it felt awful.

I know you were doing everything in your power to get on my nerves and drive me away, it irked me but I'm glad I stuck through it otherwise we wouldn't have fallen in love. I don't know what was running through your mind when that evening occurred but oh well.

Once again I felt like you purposely pushed me in the dark to enjoy the spotlight. It made me angry, it hurt me so much because I thought you cared for me as an old acquaintance at least but it felt like a lie. I felt like I overreacted, I could have handled things better but drama is just part of who I am at this point.

But you came back in my life, this time with a healing energy. I was hell bent on getting my revenge, I wanted to hurt you too just like how you hurt me. But I couldn't. Something about you was so sincere, so pure. I don't know if you realise but I feel more alive with you. More human.

You've taught me to be more trusting, more kind, more empathetic and above all express my love more freely. You fill my heart and mind with so much joy I can't even fully express myself.

Just moments ago I was contemplating what you are to me, and I've come to decide you are my love. You are the person I want to raise a family with, grow old and enjoy the rest of my life with.

So Max, I beg you to marry me. Will you spend the rest of your life with me?

He turned around to face her, she was still holding onto him. Her face was red from trying to hold in tears, but her eyes had betrayed her anyway.

"Of course I will!" He kissed her.

"It was so spur of the moment I couldn't even get you a ring. I just had to ask you." She hid her face in embarrassment.

"It's okay it makes me happy to know how whipped you are for me." He laughed, covering her face in kisses.