36. Kalki

Max had a fantastic result. A very comfortable win from pole, even after all the curveballs thrown by the rain. The rains only stopped to let them celebrate, as she walked with him and Vicky to the media pen, the downpour continued.

"I should have carried a jacket." Kalki shivered huddling closer to Vicky under their shared umbrella.

As they entered the media pen, Kalki stepped away to observe Vicky at work. She recorded every interview Max gave, prompted him with just a look or expression when he seemed stuck, it was interesting to watch. Even though Max was probably the most honest, it was really evident he had received a good amount of media training.

It was now time to make their way to the post race press conference, Kalki suddenly felt something warm on her shoulders, without uttering a word Max had draped his jacket on her. He didn't even look at her as he walked ahead of her. "Thanks." She said.

The jacket felt nice, it was warm. Maybe a little warmer from his body heat, it made it much more cozy. He had weird ways of extending the olive branch to her, she wasn't going to complain about this.

She waited outside the conference room, The duo headed in. She noticed Charles and Mia walking towards the room, she waved Charles.

"Congratulations! You really gave him a tough fight." She smiled.

"Thanks." He said with a hollow smile in his face. His usual charm seemed to be betraying him, it wasn't really the same anymore. Kalki looked at Mia with her eyebrows raised in confusion. She wanted to hear a confirmation about the stuff that had been flying through the paddock.

"Ask the interns, they all gossip among each other." Mia whispered back.

"Ah yes, hearing it through the grapevine." Kalki nodded.

"Hmm?" Charles looked at the women whispering behind his back.

"Nothing. Just discussing schedules." Kalki said.

Her comment really piqued Kalki's curiosity, she was going to have to ask Anna if she knew much about it. And what exactly, because rumours could be completely baseless too.

They headed back to the garage, Max thanked his mechanics and got to work with the engineers. Vicky made her way to the rest of the media team. She noticed Anna sitting at a table, lost in deep thought. Kalki grabbed two cups of hot chocolate and made her way to her.

"I hope I'm not interrupting." She smiled awkwardly offering her a cup.

"Not at all! Come sit!" Anna beamed, snapping out of her train of thoughts.

"So what were you thinking about? You seemed to be in another dimension." Kalki said.

"I have to come up with an idea for a promotional post, I was contemplating if it should be a video or just some photos will do."

"Depends on how much the promotional partner is paying us."

"A good amount."

"Maybe a video won't be too bad then would it?"

"Yeah but production will take time." Anna stretched her arms, "so what brings you here?"

"Gossip."

"Tell me." Anna leaned in.

"No you tell me! Alliance of interns in the paddock what do you know about Charles Leclerc's sullen mood? Are the rumours true?"

"Those Ferrari interns really dislike us." She shook her head, "I'll ask someone at Alpha Tauri they'll know for sure." She pulled out her phone to send a text. "Oh! The Group chat is discussing that!"