52. Kalki

Kalki could admit it with her whole heart, Max was easy to love. That's if he wanted to be loved. She couldn't believe he was the same guy that tried everything he could to send her far away from him.

The irony of it all was how hard he tried to keep her close to him after everything he did to shoo her away. Kalki was already in too deep, he was charming, caring and loving in his on way.

The more she was around him, the more she realised there was so much to him that she didn't know about. Deep down, away from all this armour he had put on himself he was still a sensitive and sweet boy who loved love.

"I'm very glad I gave him a chance." Kalki smiled, talking to her friends on the phone.

"I'm just relieved you're not fighting each other at your grown ages." Razia laughed.

"Now the challenge is keeping them apart and getting Kalki to do her job." May chimed in.

"You make it sound like I'm doing nothing!" Kalki huffed. Kalki's portfolio had expanded, she had signed five models and had built a roster of frequent clients. No one really cared about what Kabir had to say, her work spoke for itself.

"You're doing great! And as your business partners we're very proud of you." Razia said.

"Before I forget! We have a lot of new applications to screen and I can't handle all of them alone." May sighed.

"Let's split it into phases, I'll do the initial screening, Razia can do the interviews with you?" Kalki asked.

"That sounds good! I'll send the profiles to you in a bit."  May answered.

"Alright! Also. Don't freak out. But a magazine contacted me. Hoping we could help them cast some models." Razia chimed in.

"Sure! What are they looking for?"

"Oh nothing really some people to model with Kalki's favourite artists."

"A MAGAZINE WANTS OUR MODELS TO WORK WITH IDOLS!?" Kalki squealed.

"I knew you'd squeal and scream and lose your mind." Razia laughed. "Let's end this call here for now if something comes up I'll text you. K bye!" She disconnected.

Kalki was on cloud nine. Things did turn out just fine after all, life had come full circle. This time mountains didn't feel steeper to climb, for she had love and support of so many people with her. She ran out of her room, excitedly announcing the news to her mother, Kalki was already dancing and celebrating.

"I'm so proud of you!" Her mother hugged her. "I'm so happy to see my girl so excited and ready for the future."

"Kalki from three months ago would absolutely flip and lose her mind about everything that has happened. I didn't say it but Ma I really felt like my life had come to an end." Kalki confessed.

"I was worried about your state too, but if it wasn't for your siblings and your friends I genuinely would be so lost about how to help you."

"Life always finds a way I guess. I'm really grateful to you and Baba for being there for me even when you knew I was being erratic and irrational." She hugged her mother even tighter.

Kalki spent all day answering emails and accompanying models to fittings and photo shoots, around noon she finally had the time to stop by where Anika was for her fitting. The sisters decided to grab lunch together, Kalki excitedly shared the news with her.

"KALKI YOU HAVE TO CAST ME I'TS MY DREAM." Anika begged.

"It depends on what the photographer is looking for."