Unexpected Visit

Yuuma: Deku, you're early.

she said surprise

Deku looked at his watch and looked at her

Deku: Don't worry, I just arrived.

Really he just arrived, Deku would be late on top of that, but luckily, thanks to Time Manipulation he managed to arrive

Yuuma: There's a store that recently opened. We can go together?

Deku found himself looking at her current outfit. Yuuma was wearing a school uniform. The dark red color of her jacket contrasted well with the pale skin of her slender neck and fingers, and the skirt was high enough to be suggestive but low enough to preserve an air of innocence.

Deku shrugged without caring, although it was kind of weird for someone to go out on a date in school clothes.

Deku: Sure, will you let me pick something for you?

He gave a fake smile, but she didn't notice.

Yuuma's face turned red as she nodded shyly.

Deku held her hand and started pulling her towards the store.

He was sacrificing valuable time, he had to take advantage of it

When they were at the clothing store, Deku allowed Yuuma to model various outfits for him. In the end, he chose a pure black sundress for her and bought it.

On the way out of the store, he found Yuuma looking at a bracelet. It was a simple thing, with a few gems set in a golden band. Without telling her, Deku went ahead and bought the thing.

As the two sat down to have lunch at a restaurant, Deku presented his gift to her. When Yuuma finished with her request, Deku took her wrist and gently wrapped it around her. There was a brief moment when Yuuma seemed to cringe, but relaxed instantly and realized the present.

Yuuma was amazed by the bracelet

Yuuma: You didn't have to.

Deku: All right, it's to celebrate our first date. Hopefully it won't be our last.

Deku said that with a smile and couldn't help but watch Yuuma's reaction. Her slight hesitation when I told him it was the first of many didn't go unnoticed.

Deku: Also, I bought it because it seemed to suit you.

He said pretending to be embarrassed

Yuuma: Thank you so much! I saw them around. To be honest, I just liked the colors on this one.

Deku: Oh, do you really have it? In all my years of life, I have yet to see a single person with a cross on their bracelet.

He suppressed his smile

Deku: About that... Yuuma, are you religious or something?

She was silent, Deku minimally narrowed his eyes at her questioning

Yuuma: Not much. I used to be Catholic, but now I'm not religious. Is that you?

Deku: Me?

He said the first thing that came to his mind

Deku: Well, I don't have any religion, but my aunt used to be a shrine priestess, so I was raised strictly in a strange mix of Shinto and Buddhist traditions.

He said bored, this date was already taking too long and becoming more and more a pain in the ass

Deku: But I never thought about not being religious. Was it strange to go from Catholic to non-religious?