Revelation

Gremory Territory, Underworld;

When the word underworld was typed, many would instantly think of a dark, scary, vile place where fire and molten lava burned with every turn and the air was full of toxic components and whatnot. In fact, it was an apt description for a place known as purgatory.

However, it was not true as the Underworld was very different from what many believed it to be.

Therefore, those who had not been to the Underworld would have been incredibly surprised, perhaps even shocked, to find that the place mentioned was nothing like what they thought. Instead, it was very similar to Earth, the human world with the exception of the sky, which was purple (in the underworld)

The Underworld was huge, easily the size of Earth (no sea), just wide lakes to make up for the Sea. Contrary to popular beliefs, it was situated in a different dimension, not underground, as its name suggests.

Their lands ranged from cities to pastures, fields to farms, forests etc.

Although one thing that many were correct in thinking was that the Underworld was home to the Demons, the dark race of beings that had been greatly misunderstood by many as nothing more than evil beings.

Demons, however, were just like normal humans, but with the addition of bat wings on their backs and a variety of different abilities that could be used for good or bad purposes. They also have enhanced physical abilities such as strength, stamina, speed, and senses. They can even live for thousands of years and maintain a youthful appearance. This made demons an almost perfect species.

They had many enemies, but their greatest enemies were the Angels of Heaven known as the Fallen Angels.

The Three Factions of Angels, Demons and Fallen Angels We go to war against each other over the heritage of the Biblical God, the Four Great Satans and the organization of the Fallen Angels; Grigori, led by the Fallen Angel Azazel in a conflict that became known as "The Great War"

When the war finally ended, each side suffered heavy losses, leaving the Three Factions in a state of conflict. However, with the three factions losing their main strength, none of the three sides wanted to continue fighting.

Therefore, while there was no peace between the factions, direct battles also did not take place.

Many years later, after the death of the original Four Dates, the Underworld descended into civil war. On one side were families of Satan who wanted to continue their fight against the Angels and the Fallen Angels, in the meeting on the other side were the rest of the devil's houses but prominence known as the 72 Pillars (which have been reduced to 34 now) who wanted peace and a new request

Conflict lasted a few years until, finally, four demons from four different houses banded together, pushed the Old Government Faction and secured the war in favor of the New Government Faction. The government that hoped that the new generation could live in peace and harmony, without the horrors of war. These four demons being...

Sirzechs Gremory

Ajuka Astaroth

Serafall Sitri

Falbium Glasya-Labolas

Though young, each of them possesses incredible strength that left many trembling where they were and could decimate entire countries if they wanted to.

Each had their own set of skills and powers. While individually they were undoubtedly powerful, together they were nearly Invincible and quickly became the spearhead in the battle against the Old Government.

The Civil War took its toll on every living demon, but eventually the New Government Faction prevailed.

With that, the Old Government Faction retreated and went into hiding. And the underworld quickly began to change under his new stewardship.