Entry 5

"No change at all."

During the day, we exchanged each other's tupperware. Then Shiina immediately commented on the food I gave her yesterday.

"Is that true?"

"Did you mistake salt and MSG? Or do you just like MSG? Like that Asian?"

I'm not Uncle Roger, you know

And you're Asian too.

"Well, isn't the more MSG, the richer the taste of the food."

"No, my throat hurts. Also, it's not very good for your health."

"Tasty food > Healthy body"

"Hah? Are you kidding?"

"Yes."

"You're weird aren't you, Ayanokouji-kun? Whenever I talk to you, you always have a bad joke to make."

"And also that expressionless face of yours annoys me sometimes, it would be better if you smiled once in a while."

Hearing her say that, I tried to make a smile by lifting the corners of my mouth with my hands, trying to make a smile.

But it's useless, my mouth feels stiff. Then, two hands reached out to touch my cheeks. Gently and firmly, expand it like a moci cake. It feels weird and itchy.

Shiina chuckled. She showed a gentle and childish smile

I swatted her hands away, "Stop it, it's ticklish"

"Gomen."

Seems like she's enjoying it, we started swapping our lunch boxes.

"And why are you just telling me now?"

"Because I saved it for breakfast."

"Well, maybe that's the problem. Because you don't eat it while it's still warm."

"Don't make excuses. Even if there is a difference, it's in the texture, not the taste."

Though I'm not an expert in this field, but I can tell that's not 100% true.

Food tends to lose a few percent of its flavor when it starts to cool. Well maybe she heated it in the oven.

"You can make Udon, Ayanokouji-kun?"

Shiina opened the lid of the box, and looked at its contents.

"I looked for the recipes on Google, then tried to make it. I hope I don't mess up this time."

Now my turn to open the box I was holding, and the contents could be seen clearly. Even though it was dewy on the lid, it turned out that the contents were no longer warm. Maybe she stored it in the freezer before.

The menu is Chicken Smackdown, topped with mozzarella cheese and chili. Damn, this looks delicious.

"Chicken... interesting."

Compared to mine, the level is quite different.

"Hmm, I tried to give some variety. There was leftover chicken in the freezer, so I just fried it."

"What about the topping?"

"I make it out of mozzarella, then bake it in the oven."

It looks delicious.

"I want to try eating it while it's still warm."

"You mean you want me to go into your kitchen and cook for you?"

"No, I'm grateful for all the food you gave me. But sometimes I think it would taste a lot better if it was still warm."

Usually, I would make my own rice or buy it at the convenience store. Shiina will share her food with me. Meanwhile, I also have to cook and share with her. This has become our routine.