Entry 19

Mahiru went back to her room and changed. She returned here after 20 minutes. The fragrant smell of shampoo and her neatly combed hair showed that she had just taken a shower. Girls do pay attention to their looks.

In the summer, it's not common to be sweating. People are more likely to go for a shower two times in day. The crowded activities in the city will make them perspire, wearing clothes that are loose and not too tight will help.

Mahiru wore a loose long-sleeved shirt in white, with rabbit motifs around it. Also, shorts that covered her thighs. It was an ideal outfit and gave off a cute impression.

I had finished cleaning my room a while ago in her absence. So I sat alone watching the news on the tv in the living room. Mahiru came over and sat next to me. Even so, she still seemed a bit embarrassed as she covered her lips with the pillow on the sofa, hugging the pillow tightly.

"...are you still sleepy?"

"No, I just took a shower, so my sleepiness is gone for the time being."

"Good, what do you want to do right now?"

It's still a holiday. Summer vacation will be over in two weeks, and the time spent with her is flying by. As I thought about that, I remembered the small festival being held in town.

I thought about going and visiting. Maybe if I invited Mahiru, she would be happy to come with me.

"Hey, I want to make breakfast. Do you want something to eat?"

"Aren't you tired? It's already past 9 am, you stayed up all night."

I woke up at 8:30 this morning, and it was already 9 o'clock, it was really too late to make breakfast.

"You're right... but you haven't eaten anything this morning, right?"

"Want to order a pizza?"

"Eating pizza in the morning?"

"The restaurant is close by and there's a delivery service. It'll save time and effort instead of cooking right now."

It is located two blocks from here around the neighborhood. They shouldn't be too busy with customers today.

After thinking about it for a while, Mahiru finally agreed and we decided to order pizza. And it didn't take long for the order to arrive. I heard the bell at the entrance, it must be the pizza delivery guy! I hurriedly grabbed my wallet and opened the door, paid for the pizza, and brought it to the living room.

We ate it while watching tv. Mahiru calmly sat next to me. The close distance made me a bit nervous, but seeing her relaxed reaction I ignored the feeling.

"That model looks like you, Kiyotaka, why don't you try wearing the same clothes as him?"

I looked at the TV, staring at the morning talk show model, who was the main star of the show. While I slowly chewed the melted mozzarella cheese on the pizza topping, the cheese stretched out like a thin thread and messed up my mouth.

Then from the side, Mahiru wiped my mouth with the tissue in her hand. The sudden movement made me flinch and look at her.

" What? Your mouth looks like it's covered in pizza crumbs, so I cleaned it up."

Now we've gotten this close, haven't we?

Even after she finished what she did earlier. I was still looking at her softly. Realizing this, Mahiru looked confused and slightly distant, but then she accepted and looked back at me. It was like hypnosis, the two of us staring at each other, neither daring to divert our attention from the other.