Entry 15

It was now eleven o'clock at night and Shiina had returned to her apartment.

I operated my handphone and logged into the school's underground site. I'll summarize what just happened today.

I'm sure many of you reading are confused, but let me explain a bit.

Last week, Shiina received a mysterious letter in her shoe locker. I saw her take the letter and read it, but quickly put it in her pocket after showing a scared and confused expression.

Tuesday, I arrived earlier than anyone and checked her locker, there was a letter tucked between the shoes, it was new and unopened. I read it and saved it for now.

Also on Wednesday, I did the same thing and saved it.

However, I didn't find any other letters on Thursday and Friday. Because back then there was a rumor that someone had stolen Shiina's gym uniform. The culprit must have been careful to send another letter as he became the most wanted person in the school year.

In short, the contents of the letter are like this.

The letter I took on Tuesday said that he wanted Shiina to be his model and out of urgency, he borrowed Shiina's sports uniform for now.

The letter that on Wednesday urged Shiina to reply to the previous letter immediately, is she willing to be his model? Of course, he also praised Shiina's appearance.

I assumed he had taken the uniform on Monday because Shiina was wearing a uniform borrowed from the infirmary. He just confirmed that he borrowed Shiina's uniform by sending a letter on Tuesday, unfortunately, the letter never arrived because I took it.

So far, I can conclude that there are three or maybe four letters that Shiina should have received.

The first letter was received on Monday and arrived in Shiina's hands. The second and third letters I deliberately kept. However, I suspect there's another letter she might receive on Saturday. In other words, there are four letters so far.

I knew right away that the sender was Sotomura.

On Wednesday, right after the exam results were distributed, I found out that Sotomura tends to forget to write his name when he's excited about something.

Because the writing is neat and careful, I can tell that he put everything in this letter. I've heard that handwriting analysis is difficult even for a professional.

The way he delivered it looked scary from a girl's point of view. If only Sotomura had the courage to come to Shiina directly to ask her, things wouldn't be this complicated.

His overreaction when there were strange rumors circulating about Shiina's uniform having been stolen was understandable. Because the letter never reached Shiina, Hakase became worried and thought that he was framed by Shiina.

If he hadn't forgotten to write his name...

[Do you know? It looks like Student A likes Student B]

Looking at the screen of my phone that I had put back in my pocket, I forgot to mention it.

These are anonymous chat messages that can be read widely without worrying about someone knowing your identity.

One of the so-called underground school sites.

It's similar to 4chan, where you can freely write whatever you like anonymously. This was popular ten years ago, but now it has become a den of bullying to an excessive degree.

Well, looking at today's world, it seems like outlets for venting stress have just moved to Twitter and LINE. However, such type of SNS carries the risk of a person being identified quickly after a slight misstep. Students have come to the conclusion that if we do something like badmouth someone in writing, as one might expect, the more convenient option is the old way-underground school website. Thus, things go full cycle, and behind the scenes, such sites become popular again.