Entry 17

It's not that I don't want to talk about it

But my past isn't what you can call interesting.

There's only white, it's always there, until you get tired and bored of it.

"Nothing interesting, my parents always come and go. They are busy with their work."

It is a reality. He usually just looks at me and walks away. Our house is just a stopover for him.

"I see..."

While she muttered, I turned on the TV and switched channels from one to another. I saw a squirrel in a bikini censored on Tv for showing nudity, I mean, what person would get turned on by looking at a cartoon?

I immediately changed the TV channel to another program. And now it's about a Russian cartoon where there's a bear and some shitty little girl doing whatever she likes.

Shiina sat beside me watching the same TV show as me. This has become routine for both of us. After dinner, she would usually accompany me here while chatting and killing time. We've grown quite close over the last few months.

"By the way, are you going to the summer festival?"

"On the next weekends? I don't think I'll come, I don't like crowds."

"Agreed, we have the same thoughts."

"How about you, Kiyotaka?"

"I may come, or not. If Yukimura and the others invite me, I will consider it."

Yukimura must be going out with his girlfriend, while Hakase just finished with his manga contest, he's probably busy with some club stuff. Kikuchi on the other hand has been out of touch this summer. I think he went on a family vacation to a secluded place to camp and stuff, he did tell me about his summer vacation plans.

While I was at a loss as to what to do this summer, Mahiru spoke beside me.

"What if.... We go together?"

This an unexpected suggestion, but I was slightly expecting this to happen.

"I don't mind, how about you?"

Given the many to come, the festival is bound to be crowded with visitors.

There are several things to consider. Like the possibility of meeting a classmate or someone from our school. Considering Mahiru's status at school and how they thought of her, if they saw a boy like me walking with her, people would probably question this and rumors would circulate.

However, I don't mind it.

"Okay! I look forward to it."

She smiled, like a happy child who was given ice cream by their father.

If only my father was like that.

Mahiru was muttering a song while playing with her handphone, she tried to adjust to a comfortable position to sit. Until finally...

I felt something light fall on my thigh.

As I looked down I saw Mahiru's face below, her head resting on my thigh. Her round, moist eyes look up at me trembling, the blush on her cheeks is like a mochi, and her lips never stop smiling.

"Unnn! This position is better."

"..."

I just shut up and watched her. She then turned her attention to the cell phone in her hand.

Her tiny fingers played fast, typing on the screen, it looked like she was sending a message to a friend.

I hope it's not a boy, or there will be another troublesome thing I have to take care of.