Entry 7

"Hey, does watermelons made of melons?"

"Interesting, the question is similar to whether baby powder is made of baby?"

"I don't think that's the point."

Yukimura sighed after hearing their stupid question, "Just die you two."

Yukimura, Sotomura, and Kikuchi came to visit on the weekend. Hakase and Kikuchi were playing a game, while Yukimura waited his turn while reading some of the magazines that were on the table.

I was preparing some drinks for them in the kitchen. The sound of boiling water can be heard, and I pour warm water into the cup to make coffee

At first I only had green tea, but the three of them refused. Says "We always remember the bad thing when green tea is mentioned."

So I ended up going to the convenience store to get some ground coffee to brew.

"Since they're playing, a few snacks shouldn't be a problem."

I also added the option to the cart, went to the cashier and paid for it.

Hakase proposed to play at my house. I don't mind myself. Remembering I was alone at home, without friends and family.

"Hello."

I got to the apartment and on the floor my room was on. I was greeted by Shiina in her casual clothes in the hallway.

"Where have you been?"

"Minimarket, I just bought some snacks and coffee."

She saw the plastic bag I was carrying and asked

"Are there guests visiting?"

"That's how it is."

"A friend?"

"Yukimura, Sotomura, and Kikuchi."

"Ahh, classmate huh."

She narrowed her eyes, remembering the face of the name I mentioned. She should have remembered the three of them because we were in the same class. But I doubt there's a good impression of our small group of otaku to her

"Surprise. You don't usually have friends over at your house on the weekends."

It's true I'm always alone and only eat with Shiina at night. And it happens every day, except Friday because I have to go somewhere.

"How about you, don't your friends stop by once in a while?"

"I never gave them my home address or asked them to visit."

"Why?"

"I just don't think it's necessary."

Shiina is friends with everyone. But the word "friend" here is not in the deep sense of being able to be personally close to her. She does sometimes go to play after school, or eat together with friends from her group. But the bond that is owned is not close to being a close person.

People usually approach someone for several reasons.

Most of it is a money factor, partly because of the person himself, and in some cases is the influence that a person has to some degree in society.

In a small society called a school, Shiina has built an image as a model student who is respected by everyone. She was friendly to everyone, and did not discriminate against any particular group of students let alone look down on them. That way, she already has two reasons why people want to approach her like I mentioned above

In other words, she was alone.

"Then I can't come tonight?"

"It seems so, but—"