Entry 8

"Pizza has arrived"

The doorbell rang, Hakase was the first to stand up and ran towards the door. He was like a hungry child who was happy when the food came.

The four of us have been playing for 6 hours. It doesn't feel very fast, and we haven't managed to finish the game yet.

There were a few things that stuck, and I've never been so frustrated in my life. I mean, I've been through life and death situations, been through a lot, and learned a lot of things. But not once did I really feel resentful that I didn't reach my goal.

But playing games really takes patience that transcends space and time.

Hakase is back with a big pizza box. We didn't order a normal pizza, but a box full of lots of pizza inside. The menu is enough for 4 to 6 people.

Through the Pizza service we ordered, we agreed to choose this menu after considering the reasonable cost for 4 people. Of course, I wouldn't be able to buy this pizza menu if I was paying for it myself.

Besides pizza, there are other choices. Nuggets, spaghetti, chicken wings, bread, and several other appetizers were included in one box.

We slowly opened the box, smoothed it out on the table, then made drinks. Kikuchi turned on the TV and inserted the CD into the DVD player. The screen lights up and shows the trending Movies of last summer.

We sat on the floor and faced the TV, chatting and laughing together. I mean, really, I actually laughed.

"Hey, this pizza is absolutely amazing."

There are 4 flavors to choose from. Grilled chicken, cheeseburger and smoked beef.

"Wait, isn't this..."

"Pineapple?"

The four of us looked at each other.

Why is there pineapple on pizza? The brochure I have does not include information on this.

"I won't eat it," Kikuchi refused and chose to take a slice of smoked beef pizza.

"I really enjoyed today."

Yukimura spoke while chewing the pizza in his hands. Little bits of mozzarella dangled and touched his shirt.

"I'm still annoyed with the game earlier. But, no matter how much I got annoyed while playing, it felt like I wasn't satisfied. I want to play again," Kikuchi said.

"Then let's play again next weekend!"

"No, you forgot the midterms in 2 weeks?"

Yukimura protested.

"You're right, but who cares? As long as I can keep my score around 50, then I'll be fine."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because I'm smart!"

"You got a red in math on the quiz yesterday."

"Oh shut up! but, you know I—"

The conversation continued for a while. The topic changes about their daily lives, About family, how Yukimura's older sister is a delinquent who often stays at her boyfriend's house and rarely comes home. Kikuchi's younger brother steals the neighbor's underwear around his house for fap material and the activities of the manga research club that Hakase joins.

Although his talent is more inclined towards understanding technology, he apparently has a great interest in drawing and manga.

"Yukimura, how is your relationship with your girlfriend?"